“Super fun and a real treat!”
Review of Stoney Creek Inn

Stoney Creek Inn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We went to Stoney Creek Inn for an early dinner with a group of 10. Our goal was to get the steamed crabs and boy did we ever.

We ordered 3 dozen steamed crabs, 2 dozen large and 1 dozen jumbo. The crabs were amazing, but sadly by the time we ordered (around 3:30 or so) we cleaned them out of crab. We did feel bad for anyone who had planned to eat there for dinner, but oh well. The waitress did explain to us that the crabs were coming from Louisiana this time of year and that is why they didn't have a full stock of them.

Along with the crabs, we also ordered calamari and hush puppies for the table. A friend and I split the peel and eat shrimp, I ordered homemade chips and macaroni and cheese as my sides. All of the sides and appetizers were delicious. I loved the shrimp and the homemade chips. One person in our party ordered the crab cakes, I had a bite and fell in love with them! The crab cakes were awesome.

As for the steamed crab: the seasoning was amazing. I absolutely loved liking it all off my fingers once I was done. The waitress gave me a tutorial on how to break the crab apart and what to eat and what to trash. She was a wonderful waitress, very patient with us.

All in all, the meal was a good time. It has a family feel to it, which I always enjoy. If I were to get back there, I think I might order the crab cakes and some sides instead of the steamed crabs. While I was eating the crabs, I was in love but afterwards all I could smell was crab on my hands!

If you are looking for a down home joint, this is really the place. Everything is fresh, the wait staff is on point and you can't beat the view either.

1  Thank Mccabers

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Little place that you could drive by but it has some of the best food we have ever had. The crabcakes are made with the largest lumps I have ever seen. The cream of crab soup is flavorful and loaded with big pieces of crab. Even the sides are great. Had fresh asparagus that was done perfectly. Drinks are served in mini pitchers and are fun but practical. Makes sense in a small family place not to spend all of your waitstaff time just filling drinks. The staff is friendly and you are treated like family. Seriously worth a little drive for great food.

2  Thank mhardywright
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Easy 20 min from Inner Harbor to the south but well worth the scenic drive. The best lump crabcakes in Baltimore. $3 22oz Yuengling, overlooking the bay. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My wife and I love Stoney Creek Inn. We have been eating here for years and have never had a bad meal or experience. The cream of crab soup is to die for. The atmosphere is great, too.

1  Thank Tom Z
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Hi, all the staff is wonderful, the food is unbelievable(shrimp salad, soups etc) and always enjoy my visits!