Fantastic setting, friendly staff, lots of facilities, however:
1. The pool is rather chilly, and even the very small toddler pool is cold, I was expecting that to be warmer. Our 3 month old could tolerate it (after a bit of initial protest), but not for long, and our 2 year old's lips went blue after a while. It's not freezing, and once you're in it's OK, but it certainly could be warmer.
2. Also we went in the 1st week in September which is the end of their season and all the toddler clubs had shut up shop which was disappointing. I can understand if the older children stuff was closed as they would be back at school, but doesn't seem to make sense to close the toddler clubs and activities.
3. It is a bit remote, although close to some nice beaches, but if you're looking to experience more traditional French stuff there isn't that much near by. You'd need to drive to Nantes or La Rochelle (1 hour+)
Having said all that we had a brilliant time and the weather was good, would have easily got 5 stars if pool was warmer and toddler clubs were on.
- Also Known As:
- La Garangeoire Hotel Vendee
- La Garangeoire Saint-Julien-Des-Landes, Vendee, France