“Beautiful property”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Killenard
New York City, New York
“Beautiful property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

My stay at The Heritage was so special. From the chocolates on my bed at night to the claw footed tub in my bathroom - this hotel gets it right. We had dinner at the cute Sol Oriens restaurant on premiss and was very happy with my meal. This visit made me want to be a golfer!! Also, the staircase in this hotel is so beautiful that I intentionally took the stairs throughout my stay just because...something I NEVER do! :-) Oh and did I mention the staff was simply on point?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Sabina204,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa resort.

I was delighted to see you loved the resort and especially our Sol Oriens Restaurant.

I shall pass on your kind comments to our staff and if you are ever visiting Ireland again be sure and call by.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a two night stay in The Heritage in March and were very impressed with the hotel. We were there on a two night weekend break with one evening meal included. The hotel is beautifully decorated with a luxury feel to it. The reception area is very impressive and the hotel bar is the cosiest hotel bar we have been in, in a long time. The food in The Arlington restaurant and in the hotel bar were excellent. Our room was very large and airy with a bigger than usual bathroom with a free standing bath. The staff were extremely, friendly, chatty and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble to ensure guests enjoy their break. There was a wedding on, on the Saturday and the hotel looks like it would be an amazing choice for a wedding reception. There was a female soloist in reception to greet guests.

On the Sunday morning we enjoyed the 5.5k walk around the perimeter of the golf club.
We were a bit disappointed with the leisure centre as we felt it was a bit small. Also we didn't like the separate female and male saunas and steam rooms. We were sorry we didn't book ourselves into the Wellness Suite. It looked amazing. I feel it might be an idea to give guests who are staying two nights or more a voucher towards the cost of a visit to the Wellness Suite as even though it is only 50 euros for two people which is not a huge amount of money the cost of the weekend does add up. We will definitely be booking ourselves in on any return visits.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Connie5192,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your recent visit to The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted to see you found our Slieve Bar cosy and the Arlington Restaurant excellent.

I shall pass on your feedback regarding our Spa Experience and and the Leisure Club.

We look forward to your return stay in the near future and if there is anything I can be of assistance with then please do not hesitate to contact me on 057 86 9500.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Five star rating is well deserved, everything from the bed linen to out experience in The Arlington restaurant met my expectations and exceeded them.

We stayed on a Saturday night (just after Valentine's Day) and spent the afternoon in the spa which is clean, calm and generally a very relaxing experience. (I especially recommend the thermal suite). My boyfriend then surprised me by proposing that evening in our bedroom. He had spoken to the staff in advance and they had gone out of their way and over and above the call of duty to make the atmosphere special, including spreading rose petals on the bed, providing chocolate dipped strawberries and an ice bucket in our room for a special bottle of champagne he had brought with him. In the restaurant we were treated to (more!) champagne on the house and the chef beautifully decorated our desert plates with chocolate "congratulations".

Although the beautiful surrounds made the engagement memorable, it was in fact the 5 star hospitality and kind attention from the staff that made it really special. I would highly recommend the hotel for any romantic occasion and considering the possibility of having our wedding here, as this is the kind of experience and hospitality I would want my guests to enjoy.

A special mention and thank you to Oscar in The Arlington Restaurant! You might remember us.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear ill88lovinglife,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

Congratulations on your wonderful news. We were delighted your fiance choose our hotel for the surprise engagement and we would love follow on and host your wedding should you choose our resort.

Many thanks for your lovely complements regarding our facilities and staff and I shall of course pass on your kind comments.

We hope to see you in the not too distant future again.

kildare
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Was attending my nieces wedding. Our room was just ok, the towels were well worn and hard as were the bath robes. There was no shower cap. The products in the bathroom were minimal, just a shower gel,no conditioner,face clothes,repair kit,shoe polish,no storage drawers or shelves, no view from our room, you have to go outside to get to the leisure centre, really you do.this is all very acceptable for a three star hotel but not has a 4or 5 star. Everyone agreed with me that the food at the wedding was not to a good standard.the soup was almost cold, the salad was ok,the veg was YUCK, the fish was tasteless and everyone at my table left the deserts, the red wine was pure muck,we all changed to the White was was nice.because it was a family wedding we did not want to say anything so did not complain,I am sure lots of people did the same as I saw a lot of full plates going back to the kitchen.the bed was very comfortable.the lobby and staircase were impressive.breakfast was nice and the meal the following night was very nice. Two coffees were 7.00 euro but you get a pot which was good value.To stay two nights (one was a Sunday night)with just breakfast included, as both our meals were paid for by the newly weds,cost 280.00 euro per room.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank moser1
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear moser1,

I see you enjoyed a mixed experience from your feedback. I defiantly feel you may have benefited from upgrading to a more spacious room with a view perhaps.

I have passed on your feedback regarding your wedding meal to our events team which we shall investigate as this is most unusual. Overwhelmingly the feedback we receive from guests attending weddings is very positive.

I was delighted to see you you found all other facets of the resort to your liking.

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed in the heritage with my wife and daughter for one night last month and the only disappointment was that we were not staying for longer. From the minute we checked in to the minute we checked out it was top class. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Rob480,

We were delighted to see how much you and your family enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visit.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

This Weekend was the first time I was in The Heritage Resort. We had a 2 night B&B and Evening meal package. It was one of the best weekend breaks we have ever had. The whole experience from start to finish was fantastic. The rooms are amazing, the dinner was fantastic. The pub and Italian restaurant are separate from hotel, but still part of the hotel and the food and was great in the Italian also. Sunday was consumed with the 5km track walk, swim, sauna, steam room, papers and relaxation. The package dinner in the Arlington was very good. Most of the staff were local and gave a really genuine Irish welcome. This makes a big difference. This was our best weekend break since Ashford Castle 9 years ago. Well done to all at the Heritage. Regards
Ollie

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear OllieMcDonnell,

I was delighted to see you thoroughly enjoyed the resort and got to sample many of our amenities.

I shall pass on your lovely comments to our staff and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

This was my fourth time to attend the Spa facility at Killenard. It was equally as good as my first experience. On arrival we were met with very pleasant and helpful staff on reception who could not have done anymore for us. We proceeded then to have our spa experience which was fantastic. Myself and my friend actully noted how clean and professional both the areas we were in and the therapists we dealt with. Having completed our fabulous spa experience we then had a treatment upstairs. Again, our therepists were excellent.
Overall, I can only describe our experience to be brilliant from the minute we arrived in reception until we left that evening. I would recommend this spa facility to many having visited four different times. Total value for money. I would like to complement all staff members that dealt with us right from arrival at reception to our treatments on the day.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Patricia B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit with us at he Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted to see you enjoyed your Spa Experience and thank you for your continued custom.

We look forward to your next visit in the not too distant future.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killenard
Portlaoise Heritage Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballyfin
The Keadeen Hotel
The Keadeen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newbridge

Been to The Heritage Killenard? Share your experiences!