“Excellent staff, nice hotel”

The Heritage Killenard
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Killenard
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed here for 1 night last week and in my opinion the hotel is just about worthy of its 5 star rating. Visually it looks a bit tired, carpets dull in appearance and rooms basic by 5 star standard. Positives, the spa is beautiful and well appointed and the staff throughout the whole place are genuinely nice and work extremely hard. All in all a few small adjustments and this hotel would be perfect.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Dolly1912,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I see you particularly enjoyed the spa and the staff attention for which we are extremely grateful and I shall pass along your kind words.

Thank you for your constructive feedback and I shall bring your points up at our next managers meeting.

Guest Relations manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,960)

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Joined a large family gathering at The Heritage, on Monday after a ridiculously long wait, we received cold food which was supposed to be hot, the people who ordered the hot pulled pork sandwiches were served on a 1/4 of a bap,( I believe in order to be called a sandwich it should have two pieces of bread!) all that was on the plate a very small sandwich and some poor quality frozen chips, no side salad nothing else and a price of nearly €13.....my beef and ale pie was on a cold plate and tepid, our childs burger was about the size of a golf ball so dry he nearly choked on it ....€8, all in all 5 star venue, 5 star prices and no stars for service of quality of produce or food, Would not recommend or return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 19Trish-67

Dear 19Trish-67,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I see you were disappointed with the quality of bar food that was produced for your group. If you were to contact me on 057 86 9500 to discuss the issue then I would greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a nice hotel but certainly not five stars. Areas of maintenance need checking - scratches, marks left by glasses on tables not cleaned etc etc. Disappointingly the pool and spa is in a separate building to the hotel and is connected by a tunnel (out of order when I stayed) so this required too many changes of clothes to go for a simple swim so I didn't bother. The bar at night was a bit too loud with two groups of "ladies" conversing across the room very rudely and with lots of swearing. Bedrooms could have done with shelving for clothes and had a big old fashioned tv which took up a lot of space. The saving grace is the staff who were very helpful and genuine.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bazerelli

Dear Bazerelli,

I see you provided us with feedback which I shall personally bring to our housekeepers and General Managers attention. I shall pass your kind comments on to our staff.

If I can ever be of assistance then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel was part of our Aer Lingus fly/drive/hotel package. Easily a 5-star hotel. A quiet location away from any city. Parking included. Nice large room with large bathroom. You get your own slippers and get to use a plush terry cloth robe. There was a wedding reception the first night we were there but we were placed in a wing away from the banquet hall and never heard a thing. If you golf and swim and it great facilities for this also. Definitely would recommend for a relaxful time and as side trip location of about 1 hour drive to Glendalough Monastery or Kilkenny Castle.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnHChicagoIllinois
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear ohnchicagoIllinois,

Thank you for posting your very complementary review from your stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted to see you enjoyed your stay and we hope the remainder of your tour was as successful.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Hi all, had dinner in the main hotel restaurant tonight. Sorry to say that it was very disappointing, to explain why I have to say that this is a 5 star hotel so based on that it should be out of this world on all levels. It was simply not. The menu was basic, we had sea bass and chicken and both were far from great. How wrong can you go with chicken but the chef did here , some fatty meat, gravy and sprouts. Just great value at €45 a head, come on hertitage you are 5 star! I travel and eat out a lot so I was expected to be blown away by a 5 star hotel.
Lovely hotel and good great service but wise up with the food the heritage you are charging Dublin prices in the country for average food. Based on this I would not tell people to visit your hotel, very sorry about that.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Bond107

Dear Bond107,

I see from your feedback you had a mixed experience, particularly regarding the food in the Arlington Restaurant. I understand my colleague has been in touch with you and hopefully it did not over shadow your stay.

We look forward to your return stay in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Absolutely lovedy weekend stay at the Heritage. The room was so glorious I didn't want to leave it! Went for a mud bath treatment at the spa and it was almost like a spiritual experience. Amazing. The staff are the friendliest. I would say to stay clear of the Italian restaurant nearby, food wasn't great and staff weren't half as nice as the hotel. Just stay in the hotel and have something fe the bar menu which was so much nicer. Best weekend in a long time, thanks guys!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Nicole M,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review from your recent stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted to see you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay and we hopefully look forward to your return stay in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Heritage with a group of friends on a golf break. Hotel staff were great from the moment we arrived. Food was excellent in both the hotel and golf club. My bedroom was extremely comfortable overlooking the golf course with the biggest bathroom I've seen in a hotel. Golf course was tough but enjoyable. Sorry I was't staying longer. Will be back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear ene195,

I was delighted to see you found all areas of the resort to your liking. The golf course is indeed a stern test but hopefully enjoyable.

I shall pass your kind comments on to our staff and we look forward to your return stay in the not too distant future.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Killenard
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
#1 of 1 in Kildare
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
#3 of 4 in Portlaoise

Been to The Heritage Killenard? Share your experiences!