The Heritage Killenard
  • Pool
US$115
US$98
US$95
Clanard Court Hotel(Athy)(Great Value!)
US$87
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
2,007 results
All reviewsgolf coursespa experiencegolf clubstar hotelbeautiful hotelfive starjunior suitetop classmain restaurantitalian restaurantstar servicepure luxuryspa facilitiesafternoon teanext morningturn down servicefrom start to finish
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I've been here a couple of times over the last few months.
The Staff are friendly and the bar food is quite good albeit a bit slow for a few sandwiches and fish 'n' chips.
WiFi is good for those that need it and the meeting rooms are well equipped.
Keep up the good work in this fine property.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DECORY
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear DECORY,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visits to the Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted to see you enjoy coming to our resort and I have passed on your kind words to our staff.

We are grateful for your return custom and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was in a group of 14 who 'stayed and played, in June 2014. Some of us booked an extra day B&B and golf. The hotel was able to advise of the tee off time at the time of booking, approximately 08.00. We arrived for breakfast at 07.45, in plenty of time for our tee off time, only to be told that the hotel did not serve breakfast before 09.00 on Saturdays.
Firstly we should have been told this when we booked.
Secondly when we complained we were told that it was 'too bad'
Thirdly, I emailed the manager and explained what had happened. My email has been ignored.
I do not think this is acceptable service from a so called 5* hotel and will not be darkening their door step in the future.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Ernie S

Dear Ernie S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was disappointed to see you had a misunderstanding with breakfast opening times. We do indeed start breakfast at 8 am on Saturdays and Sundays. Despite my exhaustive efforts I have been unsuccessful in finding a member of staff who is unaware of our correct breakfast times. We would always provide an early breakfast for individuals or groups when requested.

I was aware of your first E-Mail and I was also present when it was replied to by the General Manager approximately one hour later. I'm unsure as to why this was not received by yourself as I have verified this was the correct E-Mail address with other communications since.

If you or your group are coming to visit The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort again in the future then please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall make sure your return trip goes seamlessly.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Treated my bestie to a spa break in this amazing hotel for her 30th birthday. From the moment we checked in we were blown away by its' luxury. The spa was everything you want a five star spa to be. I would definitely recommend treating yourself to the spa experience in the thermal suite. My massage was excellent. Within a minute, the therapist could feel that I had a previous calf injury and began to work on the remaining knot. I had the relaxation room to myself afterwards and drifted off to sleep. We were upgraded in the hotel and upon opening the door to the room, we both were left speechless.... Genuinely. Without a doubt the most luxurious room I have ever stayed in. Dinner was also delicious and due to a recent celebration we were given a complimentary glass of prosecco. I would particularly like to mention Majella Brady who made our trip all the most exquisite by her attention to detail and general kindness. This is by no means an ordinary hotel and if you are, in any way, looking for an excuse to treat yourself then this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony overlooking the golf course!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear niteynite,

I was delighted to see you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay and visit to The Spa.

I have passed on your kind words to Majella and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our daughter and her fiance choose The Heratiage Golf And Spa hotel for their wedding venue over 2 years ago. We visited the hotel on a few occasions and we agreed they made a great choice. The hotel is beautiful and the staff could not do enough for us. Nothing was a bother for them. The wedding menu was excellent. All the guests at the wedding had a great time and were very impressed with the whole day and asked us to thank the staff for their friendliness. We cannot recommend this hotel enough. Thanks to all at The Heritage. And on another note ,my husband .and his friends.had a round of golf on the course and would recommend it.!!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank eugenemullan

Dear eugenemullan,

Thank you taking the time to post such a wonderfully complementary review from your daughters wedding.

I was thrilled to see how much the weekend was enjoyed by all that attended and that the golfers managed to squeeze in a round on our championship course.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Heritage again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Recently stayed at the resort and can't commend the staff highly enough, The members of staff we dealt with, Maria, Paul and Doug all went out of their way to make sure it was a pleasurable stay. And the resort facilities are second to none

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear DoubleCobra,

I was delighted to see you loved your visit and I have passed on your kind words to the staff mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the not too distant future again.