“You must stay here at least once in your life”

The Heritage Killenard
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Killenard
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Heritage Hotel & Spa is a MUST.... THE HOTEL IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE EVER STAYED IN. The resort has everything you require for your stay, you can stay in the main hotel as a couple or as a family you can hire one of the house/villas in the grounds or if a group of couples wish to stay 4 couples can get lost in these well laid out houses ( which cuts the cost -- big time) The breakfasts have a great variety of food for all. You can eat formally in the restaurant or have a snack in the bar.( some of the menu is a required taste but overall is has good choices on them) very relaxing location & a great Spa and an out standing Golf course --- go on -- it's really worth it...Don't be put off by the distance ..it's only 30mins to Dublin

Room Tip: T3rd or 4th floor over looking the golf course
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dermyg65
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear dermyg65,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your recent stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa resort.

I was truly delighted to see your group so thoroughly enjoyed their stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Heritage again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I don't understand people complaining about this hotel. Went there last week with my daughter and 2 gran kids. We had the bestest of time, kids loved the cinema and kids club, loads to do, staff u couldn't fault, they were there to help anyway they could. Food was wonderful. Will deffo be back next year. Thank u so much staff for a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: Penthouse apts were luxurious and plenty of space
1  Thank stephanie6059

Dear stephanie6059,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was thrilled to see your family so enjoyed your break and we look forward to welcoming you back again next year. I have passed along your lovely comments to our staff.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Partner and I stayed here for the night, on arriving I was blown away by the magnificent staircase and I can only imagine what beautiful photographs could be got if you were having a wedding there.
Check-in was very prompt and the reception staff were very friendly as was the porter who was very eager to help with bags etc.
The bedroom and bathroom were excellent and even though it was a Saturday when we stayed,
there was no noise coming from the corridors so it was easy to get a good nights sleep especially with the so comfy pillows.
We had a snack in the bar in the afternoon with a drink and the atmosphere was good as it was quite busy and there was a lot going on. I cannot comment on the restaurant as we ate in Sol Oriens a lovely Italian Restaurant just outside the gates of the hotel, the hotel will get you there and back in a golf buggy if you are not up to the walk, but on a lovely evening it is only a five
minute stroll.
Breakfast was a buffet and had all you could expect and was very tasty. There were plenty of
Sunday newspapers available for guests and not like a lot of hotels where you have to search
for a second hand newspaper only to find that half is missing.
We really enjoyed our stay here and hope to return for a longer stay very soon.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and it was quiet so I imagine the majority of rooms would be good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maureen r

Dear maureen r,

I was delighted to see how much you and your partner enjoyed your visit to our resort and I have passed on your complements to the staff.

We do indeed use the wonderful staircase for all our wedding photographs. We look forward to welcoming you back to then resort again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Have just returned from my second visit to this hotel (within 2 months) & have enjoyed my time there from start to finish! My initial trip was with some friends where we enjoyed a weekend of Spa treatments & stayed in the penthouses which were beautiful! My more recent trip(last week) was with family where we stayed in the hotel itself. It is a very well maintained establishment & the staff are very courteous & professional in their respective roles. It is also a very child/family friendly hotel which was obvious in the respectful manner our children were treated- as a parent this approach is very much appreciated. The children were regarded as important guests too.
The atmosphere & ambience of the hotel is very relaxing, hence I'm planning my return there very soon.

Room Tip: Penthouses have a great view.
2  Thank Dee O
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Dee O,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted to see you and your family enjoyed your visit and we are very grateful for your return custom. I have passed on your kind comments to our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived with another couple to begin our 9 night stay in Ireland. They immediately got us into our rooms but when we opened the door we were struck by how extremely hot it was in our room. It was very stuffy. The other party that we were traveling with room was the same. They allowed me to go into two other rooms on different floors but they were the same. The front desk clerk checked the temperatures of the rooms via computer and said they were all about the same. They sent maintenance to our room and the man stated that something was wrong and they had fixed the problem. We went to a pub called the Fishermans Inn and had a wonderful time only to return to a hot room again. The air had stopped working again. Maintenance again had to fix it the next morning. The room was dingy with exception to the bathroom. The furniture in the room and throughout the hotel was stained from dirt as well as the floor. The wallpaper in our room was peeling off the wall. This was our first of 4 FIVE star resorts in Ireland and it was by far the worst. The air conditioning at all others was more than adequate. No one should be that uncomfortable when they are trying to sleep at night. I feel as if the owners of this resort have lost their passion. It was not the quality of a FIVE star resort as you would expect. The staff were all very friendly and the grounds were beautiful. The food in the bar was excellent!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jill S

Dear Jill S,

I was disappointed to see you experienced issues with your air-conditioning.I have passed your feedback on to our maintenance department.

I was delighted to see however you so thoroughly enjoyed your visit to the Fishermans Pub and I shall pass on your kind words to our staff.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

A few friends decided to meet up for afternoon tea in killenard. We were greeted by really helpful staff both at reception and at the lounge. The hotel was really busy and unfortunately we couldn't book in advance but we did find a table after a quick search.
The afternoon tea itself was lovely but our only critique would be the length of time it took for it to arrive, 50 minutes. This was no doubt due to the number of people eating, drinking and generally longing and didn't take away from our experience but just be prepared for the wait! We had received the tea/coffee part very promptly and of course were offered refills to go with our goodies. It was also very reasonable and on leaving, the receptionist who had proved so helpful upon our arrival, stopped what he was doing outside to enquire about our experience. It really took me aback that he remembered and was so thoughtful to ask. It really meant we left with a lovely memory.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Meghan T
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Meghan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review from your visit for afternoon tea.

I was delighted to see you really enjoyed the food and service. Apologies for the delay regarding your order getting delivered, we had an exceptionally busy Sunday afternoon.

It was a pleasure meeting your group and I really hope you come and visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had afternoon tea in this fantastic hotel today. Waiter was soooo friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is just fab and the setting is out of this world.

We will definitely return for a few nights stay.

1  Thank Mary H

Dear Mary H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted you so enjoyed your afternoon tea and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Killenard
The K Club
#3 of 4 in Portlaoise
The Keadeen Hotel
The Keadeen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newbridge

Been to The Heritage Killenard? Share your experiences!