“For all brides and grooms - perfet venue do not look any where else”

Bothwell Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bothwell
Glasgow
“For all brides and grooms - perfet venue do not look any where else”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

My son and his lovely bride have just celebrated their wedding in this hotel on 17th July 2011. I can't thank Stelios and Basilio enough for all the attention and organisation on the day and running up to the event.

Stephen and Louise worked closely with Stelios to plan the day, whatever they wanted was there and more. Nothing is too much bother.

They got married in the venue, the layout was very calming and made the bridal party feel very at ease. Once the service was over it took no time to complete the tables. The tables were set up exactly as Louise requested and the attention to detail was exceptional.

The dining was very smooth, the top table had a dedicated waitress who was always on hand if any glass needed to be topped up. It was minutes until every table was served, very efficient. The food was fabulos and the feedback from our family and friends echoed our thoughts.

The bar staff were always on hand to clear tables and serve you when required. They were never pushy asking people if they wanted a drink.

I would recommend the Bothwell Bridge to anyone planning a wedding in the future, if I have one word if advice it is 'listen to Stelios' he will make your day perfect.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Polish first
Chorley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

The rooms are old and not the cleanest – beds old and uncomfortable.

Crack tiles on the bathroom floor – not nice.

A shower you’ve got to run around to get wet under.

A very greasy breakfast and a very rude older gentleman serving who appeared to think that slamming tea and toast onto the table very fast and making a lot (oh I mean a lot) of noise when clearing up was efficient - it's not, it's just noisy and rude.

Food in restaurant in the evening was surprisingly OK.

Staff on reception helpful, polite and pleasant.

Would I stay there again? You must be joking!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Ham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

We stayed here for their valentines dinner dance. The room had two old double beds with 18" between them, we joked that it must be the orgy room. Old and tatty furniture, broken tiles in the bathroom, no wi-fi, Tv from the 1980s.
The food was dreadful, I had oysters for a starter which I later found to be off(sick for 3 hours in the room), the main coarse was like rubber and my partners main was like leather. They gave us more steak and a bottle of wine as a sorry but this was to late as the oysters were trying to escape with great vigour. The entertainment was a we man with a squeeze box(not exactly a valentines dance, more like a tea dance).
I was too ill to complain that night and on checking out mentioned problems we had had but still felt ill. I e-mailed my complaint in detail a few days later and waited for a reply, after two weeks and no reply I called to ask for an explanation and was told I would have a reply soon and they were sorry for the delay.
Well, the reply was a joke. The room was 3*, the food was fine, nothing wrong with the oysters and the entertainment was subjective.
I've e-mailed again (two weeks ago) and surprise surprise,no reply.
This would not have happened 20yrs ago when it was run by real gentlemen and professional hoteliers.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel. Late rooms.com
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andythebarber
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

Had my wedding reception here and I loved every minute. Stellios really looked after us and made every effort to help us have the best say. All our guests had a great time and commented on the venue. I have since booked another function, a retiral and again the service was excellent, lovely food and a fabulous venue. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2010
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2011

After just having my wedding yesterday 06/05/11 I couldnt wait to post this review. For every bride that worries about finding the perfect venue for your once in a lifetime big day stop worrying because the Bothwell Bridge covers it all. From day one when we visited the hotel to view it for our wedding we feel in love with the La Sala Classica room right away with its red carpet grand entrance which leads you into the most beautiful room every table lit by candleabra, seats covered and dressed with tie wraps included in the price. The most important and most amazing person you will ever meet is Stelios (aka Steven tthe Greek wedding co-ordinator). We met Steven 2 years previous when he showed us around hotel and explained everything about the wedding package, we loved it and booked it and thank god we did!! Everything from food tasting which was might I add not just a small sample of the meal we picked but 2 full 4 course meals with drinks included and let me assure you not every hotel does that. Every time we went down with another query or request Steven was more than happy to help. The night before our wedding we were down at hotel dropping off things for the wedding which your also given a bedroom to load your stuff in 2 days before wedding and Steven was in the function room going round every table with a fine toothcombe making sure everything was perfect. On our wedding he had everything running like clock work from meeting all our guests including us as we arrived to announcing every guest by name to the bridal party as they took there seats to the cutting of the cake to the toasts and the meal being served bang on 5.30pm precisely. We also noticed every single table was served and cleared at the same time with nobody left waiting. He made everybody so welcome and accomodated anybody that had any special meal requests. The buffet was also served bang on 9.30pm as requested. The meal and buffet was outstanding all our guests commented on the high standard of food. To sum it all up we had the most amazing day of our lifes and without Steven making it so perfect and paying attention to detail this would not have been possible. Its a must you go and view this wedding venue and speak with Steven because you will regret it if you dont. My guests said the room was like sumthing out of a fairytale. Steven the Greek is an asset to the Bothwell Bridge Hotel and I can assure you he will make your dream wedding come true. Thank you so much Steven!!!!!!! Nina & Steven

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nina9929
Bingley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

Visited for 1 night business trip so didn't get the insight you would do on a long term stay however overall I would say that the hotel is neither spectacular nor terrible and you will probably leave feeling neither her nor there about whether you would return.

As I said I was on business so I can't comment specifcially on the location however it was useful for where I needed it to be and I understand it is only a shortish walk to the train station which is direct into the city centre.

The room itself was almost polar opposites in some circumstances. The bathroom was recently renovated and had a jacuzzi bath, bright lighting etc. but you could only turn the lighting on via motion sensors which was quite amusing once you had settled into the bath. The rest of the room was relatively dated and previous comments about the walls being paper thin and the floorboards being creaky are spot on. The hotel clearly blew the budget on the bathroom. Overall the room is comfortable and spacious however do not expect too be blown away by it.

The restaurant was however for me a very positive and nice surprise as it was an Italian themes eestablishment. The pricing was reasonable and the food was very pleasant. Service was quick and the waiters were friendly. Breakfast was also served in the restaurant which was continental and Full Scottish sered in a buffet style. In the bar the setup up is really good with a TV and main sofa area and conservatory set away if you need a more private conversation.

Would I visit again? I dont know, perhaps if I fancied an Italian meal next time I am at a hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Worksop, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

The price we paid I thought was good value.

The room was spacious and appeared to have been recently decorated. In-room lighting was quite dim, though and the TV was an antique. The bathroom also had been recently re-fitted and included a jaccuzzi in the tub. As is unfortunately often the case, though, there was a fair amount of evidence of cracking and settlement in the grout and sealant used. It appeared clean.

The bed wasn't the most comfortable; the mattress in particular was lumpy. The other furnishings were oldish but worked. There was a good supply of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and so on. Wireless Internet was available, free.

The hotel was very quiet when we were there and there was no noise nuisance. However, I can easily imagine how, if busy, one might be quite badly disturbed by other guests. Room soundproofing is all but non-existent. Because of the many creaky floorboards, I could not move anywhere in the hotel - in my room or in corridors - without making much more noise than I would want to hear. And it is also impossible to unlock, open, close and lock the room door without making a racket that is easily heard in nearby rooms.

The breakfast buffet was good with enough choice to satisfy most, although it did seem to be lacking fresh chilled products (e.g. yoghurt). We did not have dinner here.

In summary - it worked for us, but I would hate to be there when it's busy.

Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SCAN60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bothwell
The Alona Hotel
#1 of 1 in Blantyre
Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park
Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5

Been to Bothwell Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!