“Lovely hotel, great food, friendly staff and great location”

Bothwell Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bothwell
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, great food, friendly staff and great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Me and a colleague had stayed in The Bothwell Bridge Hotel for a week for our company and we were both very happy with the hotel.

We found the hotel to located in the center of Bothwell town and was therefore close buy to local bars and restaurants and therefore gave us the option to go out for the evening without the need to take a car, which unfortunately was not so much the case during my stay at the Alona just short drive away.

Although the hotel is much more dated in its decor it is still a good quality hotel. The rooms were very good too, however you would require your own hair-dryer and was a trouser press as appose to an iron and ironing board.

The food was served in the Italian restaurant that is a part of the hotel and was extremly good quality food and was always tasty and fresh, this applied to both breakfast and evening meal. We were both very impressed with this. All the waiters in here were also very friendly

Again my collgue and I were very happy with the stay and service received and would recommend this hotel for leisure stay or business stay,

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Polish first
Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

The beds here were dreadful. This venue would win the award for really awful beds. AND it wasn't just room 62 - nearly every guest reported the mattresses were of a really poor standard.

A plus for this hotel though were the staff - everyone was helpful, the customer service would get a 10/10.

Room Tip: I heard that room 5 had a good layout - with double windows
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Wells, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Location: Perfect location set back from the main road in the middle of Bothwell, opposite the parish church and close to the shops.

Room: Somewhat dated with a bizarre looking framed bed and droopy curtains, but large, confortable and with a very good bathroom (light went on automatically as you went in). The one real downside was the security light which went on intermittently, lighting up the room and not conducive to a good night's sleep.

Restaurant in the conservatory was bright and cheerful. Food is mainly Italian, served in copious portions to satisfy the hungriest of diners. The other side of the reception is a cheerful and comfortable bar.

Service: First rate. Enthusiastic reception staff and barman (who retuned my television which initially showed only in Russian!!).

I would certainly stay here again, and also again use a booking website (my room was £14 cheaper than if I had booked directly with the hotel). I did find the pricing a little strange.

Room Tip: Prehaps an upstairs room would avoid the security lighting.
Hamilton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Steven was very professional and detailed in his planning and everything was done as we had requested. Food was great and many guests commented on it. Buffet was hot and very tasty. serving staff were discreet but very efficient. Only small issue was the bar. It took a bit of time to get organised and till didnt work, had to be replaced. Also there wasnt enough change and people had to be owed a few pence. Barmaid seemed a bit inexperienced. Other than this would have given 5 stars. We have used Bothwell bridge often for family events and would definitely do so again. Not many places if any in area can compete with Bothwell Bridge.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Charlie M
Buxton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Food and staff excellent, bedroom a bit dated but very clean and comfortable though part of the curtain was hanging off the track, in a very quiet section of the hotel but the bathroom fell far short of this. I was not expecting what I found, dirty finger prints on the shower curtain, the extractor fan grill needed a good clean, cracks in what appeared to be a very old bath, a broken toilet paperholder, cracked, broken and partly missing tiles showing the grey breeze block and plaster beneath, mould between the tiles above the bath, cobwebs near the ceiling and a loose toilet seat. The bathroom had obviously not be refurbished since it was installed in the early 80s and a 1" jagged gap between the wash handbasin and the formica surround is just not acceptable in today's hotel.
No lift available when a function is taking place in the function suite but staff did carry my case to my room. There are quite a few steps within the hotel so if you have walking difficulties please be aware before booking.
Apart from my bathroom the rest of the hotel, food and the staff are brilliant and strange to say I would stay there again and just hope I would not be as unlucky with the bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the weddings
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Was a guest at a wedding 23rd Aug 2013, the hotel was gorgeous, the waiting staff were so professional in their duties, Sandra Mc Queen was one of the nicest caring and attentive waitress I have come across, being there supporting my disabled sister who is a wheelchair user and has very sever complex needs. Sandra could not have been more helpful from talking to her asking her what she would like to eat and putting this food into the appropriated dishes that she has to use, washed them and returned then without question of leaving it to myself to do as I find this is what happens anywhere I have been to in the past, no one has treated my sister the way Sandra did. so a big thank you for that. The Co ordinator was very good at keeping the plans and everything went accordingly in a professional fashion. Well done for the attention you showed the most important people there ( Danielle & William) the bride and groom. overall everything about the hotel was very impressive as was all of the staff except Sebastian the male receptionist, he is extremly rude and the mangager requires to send him for more training when working with the people who visit and pay a lot of money in the hotel. Sebastian requires training in people skills and has to drop the attiude that he has if he wants to keep a career within the hospitality industry.

Room Tip: Ensure you get the correct price when booking your and only pay that on the day of check out as I wa...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grace c
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Where do u start took my wedding dress up to hotel two nite before and was told to hang it in a office were it kept falling on to floor so took it home I was staying in hotel with my daughter in law the nite before I got married got up next morning and went for b/fast I then had to go in and reset tables as they were just putting people were they wanted and disnt fallow table plan I had to put the center on all tables petals and jewels I then had to run up as the hairdressers had arrived and they had done all the bridesmaids hair there was six of them and my guests were arriving they had also moved me to a new rm and through all my toiletries away so had to send out for toothbrush shampoo and so on went and got married the music they got mixed up went out and got pictures taken came back in as we were told we had to as they were wanting to start serving the meal we walked back In and had to greet all our guests as husband n wife only one thing wrong with this is the guests had bn left in the same rm n not as planned they were meant to be in another rm while we all got set up so it was a waste of time and prople were having to get up from there tables then we were told tp stand and what for the bridesmaids n everyone that was at the top table to be seated before we cld sit and because we ended up walking over before he announced us he was angry n told us we did it all wrong then came the meal the soup ok the meal burnt n horrible potatoes were black and u cld bounce them also we wanted to do the speach after the meal not before but on the day was told no the manager was a pain in the neck as sn as we stood up after the meal all he kept saying was remember n give the kitchen staff a tip I felt like saying I will dont burn the food but all jokes to the side this man kept fallowing me n my husband round the full nite telling us to mind n tip this one n that one he went to far as we wld be standing with guests or sitting with them n he wld walk over n say the same thing I wldnt mind but we were staying to the next day get a life and they also went away n cut my wedding cake up without asking us and then through it away so never even got a bit the next day we were meant to have a champagne breakfast witch never happened my husband went dwn n was told the manager never ordered it so we cldnt have it what a disgrace but someone in the kitchen cld make us toast n bacon if we want what a laugh we had a lot of guests staying at the hotel and on one floor a wall had got smashed they tried to blame it on two younge nurses my nieces who wldnt say boo to a goose and wanted me and my husband to pay for it witch we said no to I think they thought fools of us and it turned out that there other guests witch had nothing to do with us were the ones who caused it they never mentioned to us that there was a party on that floor in a rm and security had bn up a few times to them my own sister Was walking dwn the hall and they opened the door n asked if she wanted to come in witch she said no but were trying to make us pay I dont think so we left the hotel and returned later to pick flowers up that we told them we wanted to find most had bn throwing away we left a message for the manager to call us back two numbers we left and he never did there was alot more things that happened that day to many to mention the manager was good at selling his hotel to u but it was a sham from start to finish he was going to do it his way not ur way so if u were thinking of getting married here think again if he pais his staff rite he wldnt be bothering people and harassing them on there wedding day about tips

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank Ghkk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bothwell
The Alona Hotel
#1 of 1 in Blantyre
Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park
Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5

Been to Bothwell Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!