“Delicious Lunch”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Frome, United Kingdom
“Delicious Lunch”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Visited here for lunch with my husband and a friend who has trouble walking, avoiding steps if possible, the lady I booked the table with put us in the snug which was very comfortable. Interesting menu and some specials of the day, when our meals arrived, we all had generous portions, very tasty and well presented. A friend who used to live in Edington recommended we try this pub out. Will certainly return. We also visited the farmshop a short stroll from the pub, selling plants as well as lots of lovely food goodies, also has a micro brewery and a coffee shop.

• Visited June 2014
Jackie C, General Manager at The Three Daggers, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you so much for your great comments and spreading the good word, and awarding us five out of five! We are so lucky to also have a farm shop & micro brewey on site. I hope you come & see us again soon

Los Angeles, California
“What happens when An American tries to run a pub”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The place is all wrong. The interior architecture blocks all views for no purpose. It is neither a pub or a restaurant. Rather it is a poor restaurant that wants to be a pub and yet wants to attract families. Can't do it and at the least the Three daggers doesn't do it at all.

The lamb was tough and fatty. The pastry shell and sauce that came with the lamb was very good. The Cd was too spicy. The bean cassoulet had a nice touch with the addition of tomatoes and was pretty good. The English crusty bread was excellent.The leek and potato soup was too thin and too bland. The best dish befitting the roots of the owner ( American ) was macaroni and cheese. The rhubarb was excellent, although my wife thought it was too tough. But the pastry was not flakey enough.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank larryKitty8933
Thank you for your comments everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether right or wrong!

I believe the building was constucted extremly well although I'm not a builder just a General Manager
Thank you for your compliments about the food, however I'm sorry some of the dishes you chose were not to your liking.
The next time you come and visit may I suggest you you eat in the conservatory which is light & airy & has some wonderful views across to the fields.

Jackie Cosens
Melksham, United Kingdom
“No Compromise on Quality”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I visited the Three Daggers with my family on bank holiday Monday to celebrate my birthday. We hadn't booked and were quite prepared to be turned away if the restaurant was too busy; however, we needn't have worried, the staff were completely charming, calm and happy to slot us in despite the predicted throng. A dining experience isn't just about the food which, as it has been on previous visits, was exceptional, it's also about the ambience and customer care; these folk definitely get it and whilst it may be slightly more pricey, this simply proves the old adage, you get what you pay for. Great meal and a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I would commend this restaurant to anyone without hesitation.

• Visited May 2014
TheThreeDaggers, General Manager at The Three Daggers, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for your lovely words, it's always great to read such positive comments.

We certainly seemed to have ticked all the boxes, I'm so pleased we were able to accommodate you on such a busy day- Please keep spreading the word!

UK
“A very good discovery”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We've driven past a few times without noticing the 3 Daggers but are pleased we have now found it. A cheery welcome, dog friendly, attractively laid out. All very good, with the strange music being the only weak point. And it was a bit loud, but don't know why we did not ask to have it toned down. Too wet to use the garden but it is attractively positioned and there is a lovely farm shop associated with the pub, plus its own brewery.

Only a light lunch but the devilled kidneys were very good!

1 Thank John J
hello

Thank you very much for taking the time & effort to review your recent visit to The Three Daggers.

It was lovely to read such positive comments.

I'm sorry the music wasn't to your taste you should've mentioned something, we have a very sophisicated music system and could have very easily changed the music or at least turnred it down a bit!

I hope your first visit will now become one of many

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food and good value”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were recommended this place by the owner of the B&B we were staying in down the road and we were not disappointed. The food was of an extremely high standard and the price was very reasonable. The highlight for me was the fruit crumble I had for dessert, definitely one of the best I've ever had.

Hello

Thank you so much for your great review & your amazing comments about our crumble! I hope you enjoyed your stay in Wiltshire and get the chance to visit us again soon.