“Shouldn't have worried” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Three Daggers

The Three Daggers
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Edington
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bath, United Kingdom
“Shouldn't have worried”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We went to this pub again today having been last February.I had read the recent trip adviser reviews so was a little concerned about what we would find. I shouldn't of worried.we had a great lunch,staff were extremely attentive,food delicious and timings sensible. We were served by a charming waitress from Scotland who was able to recommend the fish with crispy noodles as she had had it herself during the week. We both had the spinach and broccoli soup with lovely crusty brown bread, yummy! My husband had the lamb which he confirmed as delicious. The portions were generous so we were unable to sample the puddings. We were in the old part of the pub which is perfect for couples ,adult groups or the more elderly. The conservatory was busy and seem to be being enjoyed by family groups with children who were within easy access to the play area. It cheap but was good value for the standard of food freshly made. Will definitely visit again maybe for a midday lunch.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jackie C, General Manager at The Three Daggers, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hello

Thank you for your fantastic review!

I'm so pleased everything was to your liking & you are planning a return visit. Thank you also for mentioning Theresa "Our Scottish waitress" she gets lots of great complements, we are very lucky to have her on board.

It's lovely to read such a detailed review- Thank you

Westbury, United Kingdom
“Good experiences in the past, but this time poor service spoilt it.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have eaten at the Daggers many times as we are local and have had some lovely meals there. This time however the poor service totally spoilt the experience. After waiting for 30 mins to have our order taken we went to the bar for more drinks. The very grumpy girl behind the bar forgot to give my husband his drink, then said she would bring water glasses to the table- they didn't arrive. When our meal eventually arrived well over an hour after we had sat down, the waitress put the food on the table without even looking at us or speaking to us, and walked away. And so it went on, with mistakes at the bar on every order we made. I don't think the manager was there that evening, at least I didn't see her; I think the waitresses were rather overstretched, but the customer experience was poor. The family on the next table were also complaining about the wait.
We will go back, as other times we have been there it's been great, and if it's great next time I'll put a review here, but please Daggers, tell your staff that even when they're busy at least being civil to customers is needed if you want to keep them.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gumdam3
Hello

Thank you for your feed back. I am very sorry you had such a bad experience, even when busy you should be acknowledged & served with a smile, we were very busy last week with the amazing weather and extra tables outside, we have reviewed our menu & tweaked it slightly to enable us to get food out more efficiently. By the sounds of your review it was Wednesday evening & unfortunately one of the girls wasn't well so went home early putting extra pressure on the two remaining girls. I wasn't around however you should still experience the same great service.

I hope your next visit is one to remember for all the right reasons.

Jackie
“Should be good but its NOT”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We emailed a Table reservation that was replied to straight away. We arrived early to enjoy the farm shop and get drinks, I see they were doing there own brewery and had there own ale, so i wanted to embrace this and ordered a glass, that was good. The staff were nice, but awareness of whats happening in the dining room was terrible for us. We sat with 2 young children waiting for someone to come and take our order. After 20 minutes my wife went to the till area, asked if someone could take our order. After 30 minutes we asked if our food was coming out. Children's food then quickly came out. Burnt sausages for one ,an ok burger for the other. The rare sirloin beef on the menu was overcooked. 2 Fatty slices. I sent my meal back. I just felt very disappointed. Certainly not what i was expecting. My wife's Lamb was cooked ok, rare, very fatty. The whole place needs shaking up, I drove home questioning myself, I was actually relieved to read that I am not alone in thinking something is wrong with this place, I only wish I had checked trip advisor before wasting a valuable Sunday here.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Scrivi39
Jackie C, General Manager at The Three Daggers, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit on TripAdvisor

I was very disappointed to read that your experience at The Three Daggers last Sunday was below our very high standards.

We use the best local free range meat, something we are very proud of so I apologise that your sirloin was fatty I will take this up with our butcher. I have spoken to the team in the kitchen and they are aware that they sent out your sirloin over cooked something now they deeply regret.

After not charging you for the meal you sent back & discounting your bill I am very sorry you still feel we did not do enough to rectify the situation, it is never our intention for guests to leave unhappy.

I do not believe that anything is wrong with The Three Daggers it's an extremely busy popular pub that on most days is full to capacity. We use only the best local fresh ingredients and all of our dishes are cooked the traditional way on a stove or in the oven (not reheated in a microwave) so sometimes the kitchen struggle to get the food out as quickly as we hope.

I hope you will give us another try some day!

Kind regards

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb, a must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed at the three daggers fri 27th June. Sadly we could only stay one night, what a fabulous place. Attention to detail is second to non. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely visit again, for longer next time. Thankyou to all at the three daggers x

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jackie C, General Manager at The Three Daggers, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Hello

Thank you for your amazing review & taking the time & effort to comment on your stay.

Till the next time!

Warminster, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great food the best tomatoe soup I've ever had and the pork terrine is very nice not a massive portion but flavour and quality makes up for size all the food we have tied here is good the ladies int bar and restaraunts are lovely happy and bubbly shame the staff in the farm shop are not of the same ilk :( but overall we love tha pace.

Visited May 2014
Visited May 2014

Hello
Thank you very much for your fantastic review & awarding us 5 out of 5!

I'm a massive fan of our homemade soups so you obviously have very good taste. Thank you also for mentioning how great our team are. I'm really sorry to hear that you feel you don't get the same experience in the Farm shop, I will pass your comments over.

I hope to see you again soon