“Best steak!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I don't often risk ordering steak when I'm out but I'm glad I did this time - fillet steak was beautiful, and cooked to perfection. In fact the whole meal was lovely, good service, pleasant friendly staff without being too 'in your face'. Limited menu but starter platters were very tasty. Definitely a great find.

Food C, Front Office Manager at The Food Company, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your dinner with us.

Very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable experience with the staff.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 11 May 2013

We visited this restaurant last week and i am so glad we didn't read the reviews on here first or we may have missed out on one of the best steaks we have tasted!
Popped in on the way past for a quick bite and we ordered steak with all the trimmings and a rissotto.
No long wait, correct order, nice service from the spanish waiter.
Nice refreshing starters before the mains.
Main course - the steak did not need a steak knife it was so succulent and the risotto was one of the best i have tasted (ex chef).
Didn't have room for desserts.
Overall, really good food in nice surroundings, a tiny bit expensive but we would rather pay a bit more for good food than go to somewhere with cheap prices and poor food.
I would definately go back.
P.S - Have a stroll round the adjoining shop, some really nice foods for sale as well as cakes to die for!

1  Thank Joyce M
Food C, Front Office Manager at The Food Company, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear Excaliburcars,

Thank you for visiting The Food Company.
We are delighted that you were happy with our service in the Restuarant.
We strive to give the freshest food and produce and the best service. As you may know the steak would have been selected from our butchery counter and only the finest meat would be chosen.
We pride ourselves on having a fantastic serving team and I am glad they lived up to this on your visit.
I hope that next time you are in the counrty you can come and visit us again.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Decided to stop for lunch after being wowed by the goodies on offer in the shop. The food itself was tasty and appretising but the service seemed rather shambolic, despite the number of serving staff on shift. Plates and drinks were going back and forth between tables on a regular basis and confused servers would appear with food, look quizically at a table and then scurry away.

A great shame as the shop is a real treat and the food in the restaurant can be bought there. It certainly didn't give me the confidence to go back for the grill night that was advertisied.

Food C, Front Office Manager at The Food Company, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear Steve,
Thank you for visiting The Food Company. We are sorry that you were unhappy with the service you recieved in our restuarant. We take all of your comments seriously and strive to rectify the issue. On this occassion we have spoken to the resturant manager who has implmented further training for his staff.
I can only apologise on behalf of The Food company that you did not recieve the service you should have and can assure you that these issues are being addressed.
I hope you will return to The Food Company again and that you will be happy to see the improvments that we have made.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Mixed views this time. I took my daughter and we arrived at 11.45 to be told that the waitress couldn't take anything but out breakfast orders until 12.00 although they did sort drinks.
At 12.00 they took our order my daughter has the vegitarian Filo tarts which she greatly enjoyed. I had the confit leg of duck which had a nice sauce the meat was slightly firm but ok. The potatoes were a tad al dente for my taste the pak choi was locvely aprt from still having the base of the stalk on it which of course was there for structure but totally inedible, woul d have benefitted from being cut off prior to serving.
Overall a good experience save for the inability to cope with taking orders "early".

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I ordered food and the order was sent out missing my sandwich. The manager and his staff were very sorry and did not charge for the sandwich when it did arrive they handled the situation very well. The food was very good I will return as the food is excellent.

1  Thank Shirley1256