“Brilliant”

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Fulbeck
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We recently took our 11 year old daughter to the Extreme Rally Driving Experience in Tong (not the Fulbeck track) and it was great. Initially it was quite disorganised in that none of the clients knew where to register or wait (hence only 4/5) but the drive itself was amazing. The junior track was away from the adult track so we could stand and watch and she drove a Ford KA which was fully kitted out with roll bars etc and had dual controls. Her instructor (Ant) was fantastic. She was supposed to have 3 15 minute sessions but she was the only junior there so each session was much longer. Ant was so patient and gave her a proper driving lesson - teaching her to change gears and use the clutch, then (with his help) came the fun bit of handbrake turns. It was a fantastic birthday present and at the end as there was no one else waiting he took both my daughter and my 8 year old son out separately with him driving.
A fantastic memorable experience and one I would highly recommend.

Date of experience: August 2016
"refreshments"
"tong"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 14 March 2016

After being told my husband could no longer book his experience in Hampshire we travelled all the way to Lincolnshire from Bristol which meant extra cost for a hotel. I had booked a Subaru experience but on my husband's first run the steering wheel broke which meant the rest of the runs had to be in a mitshabu. No apologue was given. I also paid for photo's which have still not arrived the experience was in December and I have emailed several times with no reply as to where the photo's are. My husband has been on many driving experiences before but this company was the worst experience we have ever had and we won't be using them again

Date of experience: December 2015
Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

Went to Tong, near Bradford. Same company who run the Fulbeck site.

All I can say is WOW! What a day. I was very nervous at first, as the trees are very close to the car at times, but the instructor built my confidence so much that at the end of the day I was confidently handling the car at speeds I wouldn't have thought possible!

Date of experience: November 2015
2  Thank timg665
Reviewed 28 September 2015

I have been on quite a few driving days like this before and often find the instructors very controlling and unnecessarily restrictive on what you can do. The guys here helped you to hone your skills and push it a little bit to get the best out of the car and the day. I went to Elvington in York and whilst it's not a 'traditional' forest rally experience you could argue it was better as you had plenty of room to make a mistake (which I did several times), without hitting a tree!

Date of experience: September 2015