“A memorable stay”
Review of The Ardingly Inn

The Ardingly Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Ardingly B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I went to a 25th wedding anniversary and stayed at the Ardingly Inn It was recommended to me and I did not know what to expect. I found a spotless, spacious and comfortable room.
The surrounding area is lovely and leafy and I was made very welcome by a young man, who gave me the key to my room and told me the times of breakfast..

The breakfast was fantastic, there was coffee, tea, cereal and a huge cooked breakfast. I am sorry to say I had to pass the latter, we were eating, drinking and dancing until the early hours of the morning and I had eaten more than I would normally eat in a whole day, it was just that the food was so good and the champagne made it moreish. However my friends all made up for what I was missing.
The place also has a well visited bar.

I can highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: I saw a couple of the rooms and I would not like to say which is best, I think which ever room you c...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erika L

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We go in here once a year as I live in Essex and I always have the fresh battered fish, it's always perfectly cooked the chips are tasty and the batter is light and nicely cooked, not oily like loads of other places. Reasonable prices, and a nice friendly service , I will certainly be going back next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank karen p
Reviewed 8 July 2013

On booking I was told that room 7 was the best having been redecorated. At £80 for b & B I expected good quality from this inn. The entrance hallway rang alarm bells, threadbare stair carpet, filthy walls, bags of dirty linen blocking a stairway, yuk. We were never greeted by an owner, just a bored barmaid. Room had a very poor futon style mattress, dirty stained robes and broken shower. Meals average. All in all, not worth the rate. Buyer beware!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank allison s
Reviewed 25 June 2013

A friend and I had booked for 3 nights but only stayed for 1. Our room was cold and musty and dirty. The beds were very uncomfortable and we haven't seen a bathroom like our en suite for many years. Stained towels, no heating and mildew. The owner was very apologetic and in fairness the food was ok but I cannot find anything else to be positive about. This was a relatively inexpensive hotel but even so the facilities should be clean and usable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank labtec
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We live locally. We love the traditional values and friendliness. Very good and wide pub menu where the portions are very generous and excellent value.
They allow dogs in providing they are well controlled.
There is a garden to the back where you can Los sit and relax.
On Sundays they do a great roast menu again in varying portion sizes, the largest is really enormous.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thameslink
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed here for two nights. The Ardingly Inn looked lovely from the outside and was just as nice inside. The owners welcomed us on arrival and were friendly and welcoming, a truly lovely couple. Our room cost £65 a night and had all things you need i.e. bathroom, towels, telly, a wardrobe and cupboards, hair dryer, coffee making facilities. The room was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. In the morning they provided a full English breakfast with tea/coffee/orange juice/water. The Inn was very clean and well looked after, however the toilets in the pub downstairs were old and needed updating but this wasn't a major issue. I would definitely come back here to stay as the owners made the Inn. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Firstly I must say that our bedding was clean and enough towels were provided, but the bed made terrible squeaking noises when you got in the bed and when you turned over so was very annoying. The room definitely needed updating and refreshing.
We had carpet in the bathroom which I haven't seen anywhere in years, the carpet was mouldy all around the shower and generally felt in need of updating.
There was also a scratching sound coming from our ceiling. We didn't know if it was birds or mice, but was also very annoying.
The breakfast was mediocre and uninspiring.
We realise we didn't pay very much for our stay but there is are a lot better places charging the same price.
The lady who showed us our room was very pleasant, but I'm sorry to say that's as far as it goes.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KarenBarclay

Been to The Ardingly Inn? Share your experiences!