“Beautiful Ecoresort in Gorgeous Location”

Daluyon Beach and Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sabang
Slovenia
“Beautiful Ecoresort in Gorgeous Location”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

As our first family trip to the Philippines, we selected Palawan as our island of choice and the eco-conscious Daluyon Resort for its gorgeous location on Sabang Beach and its pionerring environmental stewardship - let's just say it was everything beyond our expectations!

Our villa had gorgeous ocean views from which we could hear the waves day and night; the azure blue beach was hardly ever occupied and provided much-needed respite; the Underground River - a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a New Seven Wonder of the World - was a convenient 20 minutes away; the staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful; the restaurant food was delicious every day.

Most of all, we were so appreciative to see all the various award-winning initiatives the resort has been undertaking to respect the local environment, scant fresh water and electricity, and peoples. The signage throughout the property pointed out the environmental work happening onsite and it was wholly admirable, especially given the rural location.

For those adventure seekers who wish for a little tropical (and eco-friendly!) respite and natural beauty galore, I can't recommend Daluyon Resort enough!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms on one of the villas confers better beach views
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Johnny S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Daluyon during our Southeast Asia travelled and LOVED it!! The rooms (huts) themselves were so much larger than I could've expected and the overall look was beautiful. The beach is empty but perfect! It was like having your own personal beach with white sand and blue blue water.

The pool is a gorgeous blue and the restaurant was delicious. My husband and I met one of the owners during a boat trip in a previous location. She was so warm and friendly. I would definitely recommend staying at the Daluyon for everyone.

Thanks for the awesome stay!! :)

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful but I personally enjoyed our view on the second floor of our hut :)
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brenda T
Auckland
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was in Puerto Princesa for a detox and cleansing retreat with basic eco-village accommodation. It was wonderful but I was hankering for some 5 star treatment and I got it at Daluyon. I am very conscious of the need to preserve the planet so was pleased to see that this resort has won many awards. It truly deserves it from every angle, food, accommodation, policies,etc. I would definitely stay here again.There is only wifi in the lobby and restaurant and it was very slow but they are attempting to upgrade it so could be frustrating if it was something you had to have. I didnt mind as it was more time to head to the beach or one of the many massage huts on the beachfront.

Room Tip: I had the oceanfront room upstairs with views of the beach- wonderul .
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TrishyAuckland
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hi there dear friends,

I just came from my amazing trip to Philipinnes last night.

Like I've mentioned in the the title of my review, everything is perfect from accomodation to staff.
The service is so perfect and staff are very friendly, always willing to help you.
About the food, I must say that was really tasty and the presentation on the plates it's awesome, plus is very cheap (dinner for 2 - around $19) and big portions.

The rooms are beautiful, clean, spacious.

They have arranged for us the trip to Underground River, which was amazing.

By far, this is the most beautiful resort that I have ever been and for sure, I will return here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank freespirit_Cos
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a perfect place if you want to relax, unwind and enjoy nature. We stayed there for 3 days and 2 nights. Though our stay was rainy, it did not stop us to enjoy the beach. The resort also has a nice pool if you opt not to swim at the beach due to the waves. The food is a bit pricey but delicious. They were also kind enough to give us a complimentary cake because we celebrated our anniversary there. The buffet breakfast was also good and they have plenty of choices.The ambiance is perfect for couples and families as well. All the facilities are clean, the room design and architecture is very nice, it has the hotel feel but it also feels like you are one with nature.The staff also are courteous. The resort is also very near to the port going to the Underground river. Over all, the price for an overnight stay is well worth it because of the experience, the ambiance and the staff. If given a chance, we will surely come back.

Room Tip: Choose rooms fronting the beach and the second level to have a good view :)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great service; awesome beach with clear waters; offers yummy authentic php food + western food; surprisely good inhouse massage.
Only con is that it is 2hrs away from airport (remember to arrange for airport transfer with resort) and 1.5hrs away from Honda Bay (the only island hopping area in puerto princesa), which basically means loooong travelling time to anywhere else. But that also mean you'll get to enjoy undisturbed peace, which makes it a perfect beach getaway.

• Stayed July 2014
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here last weekend (July 2014) and really liked the place. The view from the bedroom was great. We stayed in one of the 2nd floor rooms that looked out onto the sea. Perfect location to visit the underwater river and take a ride on the 800m Zipline. Other than that there isnt too much else to do or see. I wouldnt recommend staying here for more than a few days (unless you are a real beach person) as I would get bored. We took a walk to a nearby waterfall which was great fun but it was a trek across the rocks so only go if you are up for the journey. It will take you about 1 hour.

Food in the restaurant was pretty good and much better than the Sheriton; although the sheriton looked like more of a 5* resort; none of their rooms were beach facing.

We were attacked by a whole host of flying creatures one night at dinner. This did put us off our food and the waiters didnt really seem to do anything to resolve. I guess it goes with the teritory in an outdoor style restaurant nr a forest and beach.

Overall a good couple of days.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CMcIntyre86
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sabang
Qi Palawan
Qi Palawan
#1 of 17 in El Nido
Princesa Garden Island Resort & Spa
Princesa Garden Island Resort & ...
#9 of 51 in Puerto Princesa
Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa
Dos Palmas Island Resort & Spa
Dos Palmas Island Resort & Spa
#7 of 51 in Puerto Princesa
El Nido Resorts Lagen Island
El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island

Been to Daluyon Beach and Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!