“Large portions freshly cooked by a family run independent”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Quality fish and chips
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Woolston
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My usual fish and chip shop was shut on bank holiday Monday, so I visited Quality Fish and Chips instead. The fish and chips are freshly cooked to order, which means a few minutes wait but ensures one gets the best quality available.

The cod portions are enormous, and the chips very generous. A "medium" cod (the smaller size they supply) was too much for me, though my wife and daughter both managed to finish it off. A single "large" portion of chips was sufficient for the three of us.

Not the nicest fish and chips I have ever tasted, but far from being the worse and similarly not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either, about the same price as most other fish and chip shops in the area.

The shop takes pre-orders by telephone to save waiting, and is open continually from 1130 am until 1000 pm Monday to Saturday, which is handy.