“Relaxing and Quiet”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Benner
USA
“Relaxing and Quiet”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

All rooms have great ocean view. The beach is small but very quiet and the water is very clean to see the bottom easily . While I was there I did not notice there were people on the beach were from the cruise ships. Definitely was not crowded. The bay is very calm and is very safe to swim. Excellent for snorkeling and don't need to swim far before seeing all kinds of fishes. The on-site dive shop is also a water sport center and they have excellent and friendly services.

Room Tip: Some buildings are on a small hill which you will need to walk up the stairs. If you don't want...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank K C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Forest Hills, New York, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Secret Harbor has a great location. You'll like the beach and that fact that Aaqua Action is located onsite is a bonus. Aqua Action is a great dive shop. The staff is courteous and helpful as well. Unfortunately, the rooms really need work. They were clean, but you can see some wear and tear. These rooms have seen better days. Also, this resort would really benefit from new beach chairs. Given the location, it's a good deal for the money but this is not a 4 or 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: The view from Buildings 6 and 7 is great, but prepared for the stairs. After a full day of diving...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hadaryah M
grafton, wi
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here March 11-16 (I have another review for Sand Castle and put the wrong dates for that stay - supposed to be March 16-21 - sorry, don't know how to edit :{
Anyway, this is a fabulous property - the color of the water here is incredible! My husband and I are avid snorkelers and this was one of the best, if not the best, onsite snorkeling resorts we've ever stayed at!! We saw soooo many different kinds of pretty fish, corals, even sea turtles!! The water is never rippy due to how protected it is! There were divers there and they said Coki beach and this beach were the best on St Thomas - but that Coki gets nailed with waves, being on the north coast, so they liked this one the better due to it being less rippy!! We also overheard large group of snorkelers say this was way better than Coki! It's also wonderful because there are deeper stretches - where the corals have not been knocked down, but then you run into large rock cliffs and can stand on them because they have no coral on them.
We also loved the beautiful grounds full of iguanas, and one of their natural food sources - sea grape trees!! There is one sea grape tree right by the beach and we counted 7 iguanas in it one day!!
We were upgraded to a one bedroom, so of course we loved our spacious room!! Very lovely furniture, felt like you were in the tropics; and a huge balcony that overlooked the gorgeous grounds and ocean view.
The restaurant was very good and the service very nice - Thomas is awesome!! We were a little intimidated by the traffic so we decided to cab it. You can easily walk down to Red Hook (this wonderful couple directed us to a shortcut) for groceries, night life; but get a cab back for $6 pp because the walk back is steeeeep!

Room Tip: We didn't use room service\spa, so I didn't rate that.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank LuvsTheCaribbean
Orlando
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

We have seen all the resorts in st Thomas and this the best value. The view from the top building 6 & 7 is amazing. Our stay was amazing, the only complaint was the cheap pillows. Million dollar bathroom but 50 cent pillows. Yes if you want a wonderful stay in st Thomas stay here. And sign up for the 4 stop breakaway b.v.i tour. One of the most fun days I have ever had on vacation.

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank CunninghamsOrlando
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This is NOT a 4 star or even a 3 star property. I have never written a review before but after our experience this weekend, I was compelled! The resort location, grounds, beach, restaurant and staff were amazing. The rooms were terrible! They were dilapidated and dirty. We did not want to sit on the coach or touch anything in the rooms because everything seemed like it had been there for 20 years and was dirty. The last night I was bitten by bed bugs or something else in that room. The A/C in the first room they gave us did not work. They were very accomodating and quickly moved us to a different, larger room which was nice except the room was just as dirty and depressing. We considered moving to a new hotel but it was late at night by the time we checked in and we booked through Expedia so we were afraid we would not get our money back. This was by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. We would go back to the beach and the restaurant which were awesome but we would never stay in those rooms, not even if they were free!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank LoveToTravelWBG
Boulder
Reviewed 13 May 2012

This was my first trip to St. Thomas so I did a lot of research on where to stay and with all the reviews I landed at Secret Harbour Resort. First off, the location is fantastic with a beautiful beach, wonderful snorkeling and close to Red Hook for the night life. I was over joyed when I walked into my condo style room with a great view of the ocean from my balcony, nice couches and most importantly a comfortable bed! There are two resteraunts right next to each other - a fine dining one and a more "regular" one. I am a healthy eater and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and the cleanliness of the food from both. It made my stay there that much more enjoyable. With all this said, the best part of the resort is the staff! From the front desk, the bartenders, the cleaning and maintance crew and the waitrons, they were all top notch! Especially the waitresses. They were personable, friendly, helpful, and just a fun bunch to be around. When I go back to St. Thomas I will be defiantly staying at Secret Harbour Resort! Respect!

Room Tip: On the three story buildings choose the third floor, you get the best views :)
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jahsonic
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My buddy, a scuba diving instructor, and I came here to meet a couple we would take out for a dive the following day. We ended up having a wonderful time at the beach-side bar in this pleasant off-the-beaten path enclave. We only had sandwiches for food, but we all agreed they were great. Our new friends assured us they were well pleased with their room, with the overall service, and with their choice of this location for their stay. I personally enjoyed the overall atmosphere, and was only too happy to return to the friendly bar a few day later.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benner
Crystal Cove Beach Resort on Sapphire Bay
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove
#1 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,401 reviews

Been to Secret Harbour Beach Resort? Share your experiences!