My friend and I stayed at this resort for three nights. Check in went very smooth. We were a little apprehensive about our room as the office was very basic. We were escorted to a nondescript door. Our escort opened the door and my friend and just gaped in amazement. You truly can not judge a book by its cover. It was a one bedroom condo. The kitchen was state of the art. Black granite counter tops. All appliances were stainless, including a convection oven. As both my friend and I LOVE to cook, this was ideal. The living area was roomy and opened directly onto the beach. What a gem of a resort. TAKE TAXIS when going into town. The hill is dangerous at best for walking. Next morning we went to the beach. I spent all morning snorkeling. Puffer fish, damsel fish, manta ray, trumpet fish just to name a few species we saw. The iguanas are very used to humans. We were told not to wear bright polish on our toes as the iguanas think they are Sea Grapes. We thought it a joke until one bold fellow walked up to my friend and went straight for her feet. Need-less-to-say, we took off the nail polish! Cruzan Blackstrap Rum is widely available at a VERY good price. In PA it must be special ordered and each bottle is over $20. In the USVI the rum was barely $8 a bottle. Take some home! The Sunset Grille was very good. Mostly American fare. I bit pricey, which is why we cooked in for dinner and ate out at lunch. Make sure you check the cruise ship itineraries. Secret Harbour is an excursion on most cruise lines, The beach can get VERY crowded. We had to have a staff member remind the passengers NOT to use the beach chairs. Ours was taken at least twice. All in all, it was one of the best trips I have been on :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is a boutique all-beachfront condominium resort on the Caribbean US Virgin Island of St. Thomas. The resort is situated on the island's Southeast shore on a palm-tree shaded swimming/snorkeling beach with pristine Caribbean blue water and sugary sand offering tranquil and water sport vacations with superb amenities. The all-beachfront property features 48 uniquely furnished condominiums on the ocean that are individually owned and resort managed. Each condominium is a spacious studio, 1- or 2-bedroom beachfront suite with fully equipped kitchen and private patio/balcony. Amenities include: 2 restaurants; PADI dive center with scuba diving, excursion boats, sailing and watersport rentals; freshwater pool; tennis courts; fitness center; gift shop; ATM & spa services. The intimate resort is ideal for families, couples, watersport & diving enthusiasts, visiting executives, and those seeking a tropical destination wedding, honeymoon or event. Bonus amenities include free Wi-Fi, onsite concierge, and wedding/event coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach