“Great, relaxing vacation.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Benner
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great, relaxing vacation.”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Been coming here over 30 years.
It was always a wonderful, relaxing vacation, but they've redone the rooms making it even more beautiful.
Snorkeling right off their beautiful beach.
Great restaurant with amazing pizza.
Will be back soon...

Room Tip: Beachfront on ground floor is the best..
1 Thank KenWin9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I booked the secret harbour based on the positive reviews. Well, everyone was right, this place is a gem! My husband and I with our 2 yr old stayed in the 1 bdrm beachfront condo, room #113. The view was amazing each day and the beach access was the best part. 3 feet from your patio and you're on the beach. The condo itself is very clean. Ours was updated nicely with a great big kitchen. The bathroom was decent but the water pressure for the shower was awful! the bedroom was a good size. Although the bed was definitely on the firmer side, we didnt mind it at all. the living space was spacious. Our cleaning lady was Marianne and she was very sweet. She made sure we had fresh clean towels everyday and did our dishes too!!! We definitely appreciated her! The beach at the resort was amazing! We loved the calmness of the water and cleanliness of the beach! Our son LOVED this beach as he was able to sit, play, and splash without a problem. Mind you, this was our son's first time at the beach and he hates getting into our swimming pool at home. The water is beautful and clear. The beach was never too busy either. But I heard during peak season it gets very crowded. We only ate at the the Cruzan Beach Bar at our resort as it seemed too much trouble to take our sun to the fine-dining type of restaurants. The food is good and tasty, reasonably priced. Kevin, our waiter, was helpful and funny. My husband made quite a few friends there. Everyone in general was friendly and nice. We loved everything about this place and would stay here again. Can't go wrong with the price, location and quality!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Toledo, OH
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed 5 nights at the Secret Harbor resort on St Thomas in June 2012. This hotel has 4 buildings that are right on the ocean -I would definitely opt to pay a little more and stay in one of these rooms! I think for our package it was only $30 more per night. You will have a big, gorgeous porch overlooking the Secret Harbor beach/cove -just a beautiful, peaceful view. We stayed in a studio, but don't let the name fool you -this studio had a full kitchen (fridge, stove, microwave, all the small appliances you could need), a living room area with sofa, chairs, TV, a large king size bed. In addition, the large closet and bathroom area are separate so you can stash all your "stuff" out of sight and keep your room looking clean like home! Room was clean and plenty big. As for the beach -loved it! Plenty of chairs, hammocks, umbrellas, and shade. We hung out there all day. I guess there was a pool across the street with the hillside ocean-view rooms -we never even wandered over there! The bay itself was great for swimming, snorkeling, kayaking. We snorkeled multiple times every day and saw all kinds of fish, turtles, squid, crab, lobster, shrimp, etc. It was wonderful! As for the restaurants -there is the cheaper place -the Cruzan Beach Club -we ate here many times. Good sandwiches/pizzas/4 different kinds of french fries. Of course I think it's expensive, but ALL food in St Thomas is expensive. The nicer Sunset Grille was just okay for me. Fancier place = more frou frou = more expensive food = smaller portions. Nothing I ate was bad, just not my style! As many other posters put, the cab to Red Hook is "just $5" but that is per person, each way, so for a couple it is $20 roundtrip just to go to Red Hook a mile away(?!?) So, we only went to "town" twice. The one time we grocery shopped to stock up the room and ate at Duffy's Love Shack and it was GREAT -awesome food/selection. My husband highly recommends the pu-pu platter! The other time we took the ferry to St John and went hiking. The Lind Point Trail right off the ferry will take you to Solomon, Honeymoon, and Caneel beaches. Then we took a cab to Trunk Bay. They were all great, but the Secret Harbor beach/snorkeling was still the best! I would recommend this hotel for sure!

Room Tip: We were in room 411 -1st floor, but furthest building from the lobby/restaurants so we liked that!
4 Thank Traveling-gal129
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Great location, food and accommodations. They upgraded our room because they thought we would be more comfortable in a bigger place. That happened without our asking. The beach and snorkeling are great with an easy taxi to armed Hook and the Ferry to St John.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Sundialman
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My old college roomate and I stayed here May 22-26, 2012, and had the most amazing timel. I had originally booked an ocean view room, and after further research, realized that there were lots of stairs to climb for the ocean view rooms, and my old roomate is battling cancer, had one round of chemo left, and was unable to climb all those stairs. You can imagine how worried I was after finding out about the stairs, but, I contacted them prior to our trip, and asked about paying extra for an ADA room. They took care of everything, and my friend was really able to relax, get her thoughts together and even gained her appetite back. I'm convinced that Secret Harbour gave her her happy back and I am forever grateful! The staff was amazing, and this is where I will continue to stay in the future. Bye the way, the swimming and snorkeling were amazing here. The water is so calm......it's like swimming in a pool.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kacyle
Reviewed 13 June 2012

There seems to be a fair amount of variability in the quality of each room. We were in a 1st floor beachfront efficiency. A little dated. TV picture quality was poor, but we wern't there to watch TV. The beach is on a well-protected bay so the water is very calm - very good for snorkling - nice variety of fish and coral to see. Our maid was friendly, the rest of the staff, not so much. We found a fairly high level of surliness in the locals. I think the hotel is overpriced, but its location near Red Hook and the ability to have safe and quality snorkling right out your front door were great. The hotel bar/grill was a great place for drinks and meeting people, but their food was below average (I thought the food throughout the USVI was unspectacular).
I must say, driving on the left made our stay more taxing than it should be on vacation. We rented a car, but should've just taken taxis - they were abundant, reliable and fairly priced.

Room Tip: Get a beachfront room, preferably on the ground floor near the lobby and restaurant.
2 Thank Lukachukai
Souderton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My friend and I stayed at this resort for three nights. Check in went very smooth. We were a little apprehensive about our room as the office was very basic. We were escorted to a nondescript door. Our escort opened the door and my friend and just gaped in amazement. You truly can not judge a book by its cover. It was a one bedroom condo. The kitchen was state of the art. Black granite counter tops. All appliances were stainless, including a convection oven. As both my friend and I LOVE to cook, this was ideal. The living area was roomy and opened directly onto the beach. What a gem of a resort. TAKE TAXIS when going into town. The hill is dangerous at best for walking. Next morning we went to the beach. I spent all morning snorkeling. Puffer fish, damsel fish, manta ray, trumpet fish just to name a few species we saw. The iguanas are very used to humans. We were told not to wear bright polish on our toes as the iguanas think they are Sea Grapes. We thought it a joke until one bold fellow walked up to my friend and went straight for her feet. Need-less-to-say, we took off the nail polish! Cruzan Blackstrap Rum is widely available at a VERY good price. In PA it must be special ordered and each bottle is over $20. In the USVI the rum was barely $8 a bottle. Take some home! The Sunset Grille was very good. Mostly American fare. I bit pricey, which is why we cooked in for dinner and ate out at lunch. Make sure you check the cruise ship itineraries. Secret Harbour is an excursion on most cruise lines, The beach can get VERY crowded. We had to have a staff member remind the passengers NOT to use the beach chairs. Ours was taken at least twice. All in all, it was one of the best trips I have been on :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the beach. We stayed in room 3. The lower numbers have direct access to the beach.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kittykatnap
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benner
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
#4 of 5 in East End
Caneel Bay Resort
Caneel Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Caneel Bay

Been to Secret Harbour Beach Resort? Share your experiences!