We just returned from a week at Secret Harbor Resort. (7/30-8/3 2012) My first impression was not good. Nothing fancy. It is smaller than you imagine from looking at the photos. The food was generally quite tasty. We never ate dinner there. The staff was very friendly although we never saw a porter to take luggage to and from our room after several attempts. We soon adapted.
This is not a luxury hotel resort. We discovered that when we first arrived and ate lunch. Several patrons wore no shirts or shoes in the outdoor restaurant. I was apprehensive from that moment on. Then we saw our two bedroom beachfront room #215. It was great. Spacious, very comfortable, modern kitchen amenities, air, TV, bathrooms, etc. Way better than expected. The beach and snorkeling were good, but it's a public beach and at times busy with noticeably non resort visitors. By weeks end we had so acclimated to the relaxed routine that not much bothered us. It's a divers resort and so less stringent when it comes to attire at lunch. It grew on us and it's fine if you just want water, a clean room and no stress. The grandchildren loved spending all day swimming and chasing Iguanas and we liked being able to watch them from the large glass doors facing the beach. My biggest complaint was the absence of fruit at meals. I thought the prices were in line with everything else on St. Thomas. Buying groceries cost as much as eating at the restaurant by the time you add in transportation costs, but at least we had fruit and could eat light if we wanted. By the way, we never saw the pool. I think it is up a rather steep hill to the other set of Ocean view rooms?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is a boutique all-beachfront condominium resort on the Caribbean US Virgin Island of St. Thomas. The resort is situated on the island's Southeast shore on a palm-tree shaded swimming/snorkeling beach with pristine Caribbean blue water and sugary sand offering tranquil and water sport vacations with superb amenities. The all-beachfront property features 48 uniquely furnished condominiums on the ocean that are individually owned and resort managed. Each condominium is a spacious studio, 1- or 2-bedroom beachfront suite with fully equipped kitchen and private patio/balcony. Amenities include: 2 restaurants; PADI dive center with scuba diving, excursion boats, sailing and watersport rentals; freshwater pool; tennis courts; fitness center; gift shop; ATM & spa services. The intimate resort is ideal for families, couples, watersport & diving enthusiasts, visiting executives, and those seeking a tropical destination wedding, honeymoon or event. Bonus amenities include free Wi-Fi, onsite concierge, and wedding/event coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach