I did see several negative reviews before booking but went ahead anyway, glad we did. Read the postive reviews as they all give an accurate picture of staying here. If you need a resort that has 4 restaurants, 6 bars, and 3 pools (along with 500+ rooms) this is not for you. However if your looking for a place where the beach is steps from your room, with chairs under palm tree shade, no crowds or blaring music, and a good bar/restaurant at the end of the beach, this is your place. The staff was always friendly and with only 60 some rooms they see you often. Soon your saying hi by name. These are owner owned condos some of which are managed for rental, so the decor varies between them. Building 3 was empty and undergoing renovation. We were in building 4 and had to walk by the crews every day. They were always polite and exchanged greetings. I never had cause to complain about noise or anything they were doing affecting my stay. Soon building 3 will be as nice as building 4 which looks like it had just been done. I would recommend going to the food center and stock up on breakfast and snack food so you can enjoy your balcony in the morning. If your from Manhattan the prices won't scare you but they are high. The snorkling is wonderful here. Even 200 yards from the beach the water was only 20' deep. But we came to dive and having Aqua Action right on property was great. We saw several turtles, an octopus and a ray along with hundreds of smaller fish all right in the harbour. My wife and I upped our certifications during several boat dives, one even at night! We stayed a week and only left the property 3 times. If you want to go to some local hang outs for live music take a short taxi ride to either Molly Molone's or Latitude 18. While Fishtails had wonderful seafood. This resort is good for couples relaxing, or familes with younger kids (no big surf only little 4" waves). I would not recommend this for teens or if you are looking for nightlife as nothing is close-by or safe to walk to. The roads are extremely narrow and even a local who worked on property was hit by a car while we were there. Take a taxi and have a safe vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is currently closed due to hurricane Irma Secret Harbour is a boutique all-beachfront condominium resort on the Caribbean US Virgin Island of St. Thomas. The resort is situated on the island's Southeast shore on a palm-tree shaded swimming/snorkeling beach with pristine Caribbean blue water and sugary sand offering tranquil and water sport vacations with superb amenities. The all-beachfront property features 48 uniquely furnished condominiums on the ocean that are individually owned and resort managed. Each condominium is a spacious studio, 1- or 2-bedroom beachfront suite with fully equipped kitchen and private patio/balcony. Amenities include: 2 restaurants; PADI dive center with scuba diving, excursion boats, sailing and watersport rentals; freshwater pool; tennis courts; fitness center; gift shop; ATM & spa services. The intimate resort is ideal for families, couples, watersport & diving enthusiasts, visiting executives, and those seeking a tropical destination wedding, honeymoon or event. Bonus amenities include free Wi-Fi, onsite concierge, and wedding/event coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach