“A WONDERFUL PIECE OF PARADISE”

Secret Harbour Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Benner
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have been vacationing at Secret Harbour each May for over 35 years. What better testimony can I offer in highly recommending this wonderful piece of paradise for a perfect vacation. I love Secret Harbour and its casual elegance, its lack of pretentiousness, and its blissful peace and tranquility. All of the accolades in other reviews are true- the beautiful palm tree lined beach with its crystal clear perfect-for-swimming calm wateer, the incredible views and sunsets, especially from the hillside ocean view suites which are my favorite reached by paths and steps through lushly landscaped grounds, the very spacious, well designed and attractive suites, the gracious,hospitable and accommodating staff, the lovely beachfront restaurants, and the fantastic location in an exclusive residential area near Red Hook with its good restaurants, shops and ferry to St. John. I spent 16 glorious days here in May 3013 and I can't wiat to return agan n May 2014.The only problem with Secret Harbour is that, in the words of a noted writer "Tis hard to leave". Secret Haroubr truly epitomies the old adage "It doesn't get much better than this" !!!. .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Clyde C
There are newer reviews for Secret Harbour Beach Resort

Reviewed 19 June 2013

This is not a fancy resort but it is wonderful. If you want relaxation, this is your place. The harbor is perfect for snorkeling. We would snorkel then get something to eat at the restaurant, just steps away, then rest again and snorkel some more. The chicken tacos and piña coladas were great! The rooms are nice but older and they have full kitchens. There is a market down the hill enabling you to cook meals in the room which I loved.

Room Tip: If you can not climb a lot of stairs get a beach front room on the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We just got back yesterday from a 5 night trip to St. Thomas and stayed in a one bedroom suite at Secret Harbour Beach Resort. This was my first time on the island and I looked into different resorts on St. Thomas before choosing Secret Harbour. I am so glad that I chose this resort. My husband and I booked the oceanfront studio and we were upgraded to a beautiful one bedroom oceanfront condo on the third floor with fantastic views. The condo itself was upgraded and had a nice beachy feel to it. We loved it.

The staff was very nice and helpful. The beach was beautiful and the water was so calm. There were fish near the shore and you can rent snorkel equipment here too to snorkel.
We ate at the beachfront restaurant a few times and the food was very good. We are only back one day and I miss it. We will definitely stay here again when we return to St. Thomas.

Room Tip: Building 3 and 4 are quieter then Building 1 and 2 oceanfront.
2  Thank bsnj
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This is THE vacation destination. Traveled to USVI for the past several years. Last year stayed at Secret Harbour and the overall experience was outstanding. Just returned from my recent stay there and it was even better than the first visit. The staff is friendly and helpful, got recognized as a return guest and received a welcome back bottle of wine! The remote beach was well maintained by very friendly beach attendants and the beach drink service is a real plus. My room was recently remodeled (I am told most units have been) and had everything you could want - full kitchen, very spacious, and the pictures are only outdone by seeing the place in person.

I would recommend this resort to anyone interested in a relaxing beach vacation in a quiet setting. I will be back.

Room Tip: I think building four has the best views of the entire beach front.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Andy B
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at Secret Harbour for two weeks in January and we had a great time! Our room was very clean and nicely decorated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The best part of our vacation was hanging out at the beautiful beach. We will definately be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2013

First time on St Thomas and we were thrilled with everything at the Secret Harbour! From the minute we arrived the staff was friendly and helpful - they easily upgraded us to a beachfront room from an oceanview. While the view from the ocean view rooms is incredible - it's really nice to be right on the beach! The rooms were very nice - clean, air-conditioned and nicely updated. The beach was amazing - raked every day, few people, nice sand etc. The snorkeling was the best we encountered on the island - best clarity and variety of animals. We ate at the beach bar a few times and enjoyed the food a lot - but dinner at the Sunset Grill was the best meal we had on the island. I only wish we had discovered it earlier on our trip - I would have eaten there at least one other time! It is a little spendy - but no more than any other restaurant of the same caliber and the food was WAY better. Bring bug spray and lots of sunscreen! If you are going to do a lot of snorkeling, we recommend bringing your own gear = you save a lot that way and only your lips have been on the equipment. Overall, great trip and we look forward to our return visit!

Room Tip: If you are going for incredible sunset views and don't mind an uphill walk - the ocean view room...
2  Thank Carri B
Reviewed 12 June 2013

First timers @ this resort for us Honeymooners and we were not disappointed! The hotel staff always had a smile on their face and were willing to help any way they could.. the lobby stays open until the wee hours of the morning which is nice if you're out and about and need anything. We stayed in building 3 (up the hill) - it is a hike if you have limited mobility but we are 20 somethings so this really wasn't an issue. Our room wasn't the most updated but had a beachy feel and satisfied us - it was the size of our apartment at home if not bigger! Had all the pots, pans, baking dishes, coffee maker, blender.. anything we could need. Bring bug spray - we were eaten alive the first night even through the "OFF" the restaurant offered. Beds are extremely firm as others have mentioned.. luckily we were so tired that we went right to sleep but it really was like a rock. Our view on the hill was outstanding - I requested this view months earlier and they came through for us! Both restaurants are delicious and we ate at them often.. service is on the slow side at times but hey.. it's "island time." The lobby staff will call a taxi and they'll be there less than 5min - never had to wait more than that. Would recommend a car if familiar with the area and driving as taxi fare can add up quick! Snorkeling on site was wonderful! Saw plenty of tropical fish and the sea turtle. We will def be returning to Secret Harbour hopefully sooner than later!

Room Tip: Building 3 (up the hill) has beautiful views!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benner
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
#1 of 1 in South Coast
Emerald Beach Resort
Emerald Beach Resort
#4 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie

Been to Secret Harbour Beach Resort? Share your experiences!