The beach is the top attraction at Secret Harbour; lovely sand, good snorkeling right off the beach (saw my first cuttlefish in the wild right off this beach, cute little squid, too). Nice hammocks strategically placed. Unlike other guests, I didn't experience extreme crowding. Guess the cruise shippers missed the place during our stay. No problem getting plenty of towels either. Only drawback on the beach? Other guests who left their bags tied to chairs overnight to "reserve" them for the next day. This is something I wish the management would discourage.
We had a second floor room farthest from the "lobby," but it was quiet and the balcony had a gorgeous view of the beach (awesome sunsets). In the mornings, we had breakfast on the balcony and watch the giant iguanas sun themselves in the treetops. We had a one bedroom with two pull out bed sofas in the living area. Yes, the decor is a bit dated (it seems to vary wildly among rooms), but it was clean and functional. Only complaint is that the dishwasher was broken. Not a problem if you use a few dishes each day, just hand wash them. It was a problem, however, because it was full of dirty (I mean REALLY dirty) dishes from the previous guests. I never thought I'd do an entire condo full of dishes on vacation. Our housekeeper was apologetic and seemed shocked that the dishwasher wasn't fixed yet. She was also very nice and helpful in getting us sheets immediately for the sofabeds.
The beach bar had tasty lunch items (and large portions), and we had a Christmas eve meal at the restaurant that was nice. The grounds are well kept.
The staff at the dive shop are AWESOME and helpful. They have everything you could need in terms of snorkel gear, snacks, beach toys, etc. They helped me out with my own malfunctioning equipment. Great people.
Secret Harbour is extremely convenient to Red Hook, which has a nice variety of restaurants and the car barge to St. John.
I would definitely stay there again. Environment more that makes up for the few problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is currently closed due to hurricane Irma Secret Harbour is a boutique all-beachfront condominium resort on the Caribbean US Virgin Island of St. Thomas. The resort is situated on the island's Southeast shore on a palm-tree shaded swimming/snorkeling beach with pristine Caribbean blue water and sugary sand offering tranquil and water sport vacations with superb amenities. The all-beachfront property features 48 uniquely furnished condominiums on the ocean that are individually owned and resort managed. Each condominium is a spacious studio, 1- or 2-bedroom beachfront suite with fully equipped kitchen and private patio/balcony. Amenities include: 2 restaurants; PADI dive center with scuba diving, excursion boats, sailing and watersport rentals; freshwater pool; tennis courts; fitness center; gift shop; ATM & spa services. The intimate resort is ideal for families, couples, watersport & diving enthusiasts, visiting executives, and those seeking a tropical destination wedding, honeymoon or event. Bonus amenities include free Wi-Fi, onsite concierge, and wedding/event coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach