My girlfriend and I just spent a wonderful 8 days here at Secret Harbour. It's a nice quiet resort nestled on a lovely little cove on the far eastern side of the island. We stayed in room 611 which is up the hill from the beach. I was a bit apprehensive about what the condition of our room would be after reading about some people's experience here with run down rooms but our room was in excellent shape and well appointed with a large new fridge.
Our king size bed was great. I've read reviews where people complained about their bed but ours was great, and I had a great night's sleep on it every night. Maybe we were lucky and had a newly renovated unit with a new bed as well. Who knows? All I know is our room was more that satisfactory, and quite homey/cozy.
Our experience with the front desk ladies on several occasions was nothing but pleasant. They were welcoming, friendly and helpful.
We initially picked the ocean view (as opposed to the ocean front) because it was cheaper, but after actually being there and seeing both I would still choose a room on the hill again regardless of cost. Firstly because the rooms up the hill have a much more expansive view of the beach and the harbor and islands beyond. Second because of privacy. The patios on the ocean front rooms lie literally right on the beach, with a sidewalk (and people) running right in front of your room. I can fully understand how that could be desirable to some people, but we prefer a little more seclusion. To each their own. Our patio was elevated about 8 feet above the walkway, which in our 8 days there I never heard nor saw anyone walk on/by.
The beauty about this kind of resort is the kitchen in every room. We loaded up the Jeep on our first day at the Food Mart supermarket that's a mile or two before the resort on Route 32 (a.k.a Red Hook Rd.) and had coffee and ate breakfast every day on our patio and enjoyed the amazing view.
We did eat dinner (and sometimes lunch) out every day, and we ate many meals at the excellent Blue Moon Cafe restaurant that's attached to this resort. The food here is wonderful. The best food we had on St. Thomas by far. Even if we weren't staying here we would have made the trip for this restaurant alone. It's THAT good.
Since it was the off season we got a really good package deal with airfare via expedia.com.
Wonderful resort that I would definitely stay at again if we ever go back to St. Thomas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is currently closed due to hurricane Irma Secret Harbour is a boutique all-beachfront condominium resort on the Caribbean US Virgin Island of St. Thomas. The resort is situated on the island's Southeast shore on a palm-tree shaded swimming/snorkeling beach with pristine Caribbean blue water and sugary sand offering tranquil and water sport vacations with superb amenities. The all-beachfront property features 48 uniquely furnished condominiums on the ocean that are individually owned and resort managed. Each condominium is a spacious studio, 1- or 2-bedroom beachfront suite with fully equipped kitchen and private patio/balcony. Amenities include: 2 restaurants; PADI dive center with scuba diving, excursion boats, sailing and watersport rentals; freshwater pool; tennis courts; fitness center; gift shop; ATM & spa services. The intimate resort is ideal for families, couples, watersport & diving enthusiasts, visiting executives, and those seeking a tropical destination wedding, honeymoon or event. Bonus amenities include free Wi-Fi, onsite concierge, and wedding/event coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Kognitiv US Corp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach