My bf and I spent one night at Secret Harbour on our way over to St. John. We chose this hotel based on the positive reviews we read on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed.
Check-in was smooth and a hotel employee helped us take our bags to our room. We booked an oceanfront studio and it was plenty of room for the 2 of us. I believe we were in building 3 so there were a few sets of stairs we had to climb to get to our room (not so fun lugging the suitcases when we were checking out). This is something you may want to consider if you book the rooms that are up on the hill...it was extremely hot and having to go up to those rooms would not have been fun.
We realized that the alarm clock was off and the lamps in the main room were not working. A call to concierge quickly got that issue resolved.
What we really enjoyed about this hotel is that it is away from all the craziness of Charlotte Amalie. When we went to the beach, there were only a few other people there, so it was peaceful to hang out. We really enjoyed the quiet and privacy (we definitely like to party, but its nice to have quiet every once in a while). The snorkeling was also pretty good.
For dinner, we highly recommend Duffy's Love Shack. I had read good reviews about it, so we decided to check it out. As we were there for only one night, we didnt bother renting a car. We went to the hotel lobby and they called a cab for us which was there in minutes (and yes, as everyone says, cabs in USVI are pricey since they charge per person). Duffy's Love Shack was literally in a parking lot, but you honestly completely forgot about that due to the atmosphere. The service was friendly, quick, and the food and drinks were REALLY good. They also played some great lively music as well.
We checked out the Blue Moon Cafe at Secret Harbour for breakfast the next morning. The food there was pretty good and the service was good too (I braced myself for "island time" service but was surprised at how quickly our food came out). The hostess and waiters there were extremely friendly as well.
Overall, we were happy with Secret Harbour and would stay again if we were to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is a boutique all-beachfront condominium resort on the Caribbean US Virgin Island of St. Thomas. The resort is situated on the island's Southeast shore on a palm-tree shaded swimming/snorkeling beach with pristine Caribbean blue water and sugary sand offering tranquil and water sport vacations with superb amenities. The all-beachfront property features 48 uniquely furnished condominiums on the ocean that are individually owned and resort managed. Each condominium is a spacious studio, 1- or 2-bedroom beachfront suite with fully equipped kitchen and private patio/balcony. Amenities include: 2 restaurants; PADI dive center with scuba diving, excursion boats, sailing and watersport rentals; freshwater pool; tennis courts; fitness center; gift shop; ATM & spa services. The intimate resort is ideal for families, couples, watersport & diving enthusiasts, visiting executives, and those seeking a tropical destination wedding, honeymoon or event. Bonus amenities include free Wi-Fi, onsite concierge, and wedding/event coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach