“Very unwelcoming”
Review of Cafe Hostel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ceske Budejovice
Cafe Hostel
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very unwelcoming”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

They weren't expecting me, which was strange because I booked via a hostel website, and paid 10% deposit, which they didn't remove from my bill, and put me in a more expensive room. Owner didn't bother to come and welcome me. I got the keys and that was that until my last night when I couldn't get in and they didn't bother to let me in, leaving me in the cold...worst attitude I've ever come across in a hostel.

Room Tip: Yes - try somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Glasgow
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights with my boyfriend and couldn't recommend the place highly enough. We stayed in the private double room and it was really nice. The staff were really friendly and helpful, there is a fully stocked fridge you can help yourself to whenever you please and there's loads of great information about the city you can take too. The room was lovely, the bed was comfortable, towels were provided. The one thing I would fault is that there is only one bathroom. However, since the maximum capacity is only about 10 people and we were the only guests, it wasn't a problem for us!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Hafnarfjordur, Iceland
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Two guys from Iceland spent 3 nights in this hostel. The service is very good. Jan was our man there, he told us about many events in town while we were there. The garden is nice but the only bad thing is that under our window was the window of the cafe downstairs and it was constantly open during the night because the cafe was packed with smoking people and the smoke went into our room if we kept the window open. It's the only complaint I can give! Nice atmosphere and great service. Good kitchen with free food for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Bruxelles, Belgique
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Café Hostel is a small hostel with a 6 person dorm and two double rooms. It's located close to the main square in the old town of Ceske Budejovice and about a 15' walk from the train/ bus station. There's a bar on the ground floor, from which you can access the hostel and where guests can find free internet access. The dorm is nice, bright, clean and with ensuite bathroom. Next to it there's a small kitchen where guests can help themselves from the fridge to make breakfast (free). I liked the old building and the nice and clean bathroom, it looked well taken care of and almost felt like being home. I'm not too sure about how fun it can be though as I didn't meet anyone there but guests can always enjoy a few drinks in the bar downstairs or in one of the many pubs and restaurants downtown Ceske Budejovice.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo