“Nice hotel with good facilities”

Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Ceske Budejovice
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Nice hotel with good facilities”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had as a couple a beautiful air conditioned room on the 16th floor. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Food was good and tasty. Unfortunately in Loco-restaurant there were 2 grumpy ladies who did not speak German and the English language and not so annoying responded. Another lady was after this incident very helpful.
Furthermore in any case it is a nice and comfortable hotel. It is quite nice to take the daily hotelbus for a nice tour in the town.

Room Tip: Ask by time fort certain facilities by Internet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
MartinStolka, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear guests,
Allow me to thank you for your evaluations of our hotel. I truly appreciate it.
I would like to apologize for the problem with service in our restaurant IN-LOCO. We have already taken measures to prevent such problems in the future, so we are trying to improve the foreign language skills of our staff.
I would like to thank you for your evaluations of our staff and for your recommendations for our hotel.
Once again, I would like to apologize for the caused problems.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.
Martin Štolka / Hotel Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights and found it quite nice apart from the lobby, again like most hotels its the main smoking area and it hits you like a brick in the face when you walk in. We had our 4 year old with us and so chose to site in the only part which is cornered off but the airconditioning was so cold we couldn't bare it for too long.

The rooms were nice, big enough for us, the breakfast buffet was great. Hotel location is also good, just a short walk to the centre, which is also very nice.

We enjoyed our stay and the staff were very professional, so I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
MartinStolka, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear guests,
Allow me to thank you for your evaluations of our hotel. I truly appreciate it.
I would like to apologize for the problem with the smoky lobby and the overly cooling air-conditioning. We have already taken measures to prevent such problems in the future.
I would like to thank you for your evaluations of our staff and for your recommendation of our hotel.
Once again, I would like to apologize for the caused problems.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I really enjoyed my two days in Ceske Budejovice and the Clarion Congress Hotel was one of the best parts. The staff is very friendly and spoke English. My room was incredibly comfortable with spectacular views of the city from all sides including one large window in my shower/tub. Loved it and breakfast is fantastic with so many choices, hot and cold.

The city is small but I really enjoyed exploring it and then took the bus the second day the 50 minutes to Cesky Krumlov, very easy and inexpensive about 2.00 dollars each way and it's a nice city to explore with lots of beautiful old buildings and although I went in winter so I did'nt get to explore the castle or see the Baroque theatre I would recommend it to everyone and hope that it's open when you are there.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
MartinStolka, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Dear Guest,
Let me thank you very much you for your nice feedback and recommendation for Clarion Congress Hotel České Budějovice and České Budějovice Town as well.
I am particularly pleased by the fact you appreciate our friendly staff and the quality of breakfast service.
Prague
Reviewed 26 January 2013

The hotel has been refurbished to a high standard. It lacks a fitness room and swimming pool, but everything else is first class. It was spotlessly clean throughout, the staff were both friendly and efficient, the breakfast and bar snacks fine, and the rooms particularly attractive, with free wifi. České Budějovice is a much underrated city and for me the central square the most beautiful in the country. The biggest question mark is over the price. How on earth is the hotel able to offer so much for so little money? The value for money is extraordinary.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Martinstolka, General Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Dear Guest,
I am particularly pleased by the fact you appreciate our friendly staff.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

They renovated the ex. Gomel Hotel (a joke city friendship with the real Belorussian city called Gomel) which was build in simple modernistic style. So for now it's totally new 16 story hotel with friendly mostly very young stuff. And I loved the breakfast they serve.

Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,
Let me thank you very much you for your nice feedback and recommendation for Clarion Congress Hotel České Budějovice.
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We had tried to find a hotel in a historic old town but missed. However, this was really excellent, very cheap and in a good location for touring the area and exploring CB itself. We had a wonderful room (largest in the hotel?) on the 16th (top) floor, with extra sofa and comfortable chairs and a spa bath which we used every night. The breakast was more than ample - we didn't need lunch. The hotel was very clean, the cleaners very cheerful and helpful and once we had taken the plastic matress covers off we had a decent sleep.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janet M
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Not many times you will find so nice hotel like this one. I feel to write that is one of the best where I ever bee. Not because of the architecture (its just tall tall building) but because everything in this hotel is working at 100% which is quite rare today.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
#14 of 21 in Ceske Budejovice
Spa Hotel Vita
Spa Hotel Vita
#4 of 21 in Ceske Budejovice

Been to Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice? Share your experiences!