“Great Stay”

Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Ceske Budejovice
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Wonderful hotel. We had a nice room, very comfortable with an excellent view of the city. This hotel is spotless, puts on a very nice breakfast. We enjoyed our stay in Southern Bohemia and the Clarion Congress factored into our satisfaction. The only negative is the elevators can't handle the volume of business this hotel generates Large groups check in and out and with luggage there is not enough lifts and they are too small.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
MartinStolka, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear guest,
Allow me to thank you for your evaluations of our hotel. I truly appreciate it.
I would like to apologize for our elevators; we will concentrate on traffic of our elevators
by the check-in a check-out time.
I am particularly pleased by the fact you appreciate quality of breakfast and cleaning.
Again, I apologize for the problem with elevators.
I and my staff look forward to welcoming you again.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed here four nights on business. We booked it because of Trip Advisor. We overall were disappointed for the following reasons - the lobby is supposedly non-smoking, but the bar shares the same air space and people are allowed to smoke there, so the check-in always smells strongly like cigarettes! Many tour buses seem to book here, so the lobby check-in can get quite crowded. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but there are only three tiny elevators and there are 17 floors. When we arrived, we had to literally wait 20 minutes to ride the elevator to our room on the 17th floor.

They have tried to make it a nice place - the rooms are clean and functional. The bathrooms are a bit small. I can't tell you about the restaurants because of the smoke issue. The breakfasts included in the room booking were very nice with a lot of variety. The internet worked well.

Overall, we'd recommend looking for something a bit nicer in Ceske Budejovice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
MartinStolka, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear Guest,
At first allow me to thank you for your stay at our hotel. I really appreciate your comment.
The elevator problem was a complaint of many our guest before the overall reconstruction. We had wished to improve the speed and the capacity of all elevators, which we eventually did- by the speed of 100% and by the capacity of two places in every elevator. I apologize to you for the long time you had to spend in lobby by waiting for the elevator. Of course, I would like to also apologize for the cigarette smoke in the lobby, which was surely from our annexed bar. For the future we will try to find an optimal set up for our central air-regulator so the smoke would not disturb the lobby.
Thanking you for your helpful review I am,
Yours truly,

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Nobody would call the Clarion a beautiful building - it's downright ugly - but it's very comfortable. A spacious lobby has friendly english-speaking staff, and the pleasant bar has a good choice of cakes as well as drinks. Free wi-fi is an attraction in the spacious rooms, which were spotless.
The only downside was the standard of dinner. In fairness, we were a tour group, but the buffet dinner was very poor. There is another restaurant, but I can't comment as I didn't eat there. Breakfast starts at 6.30am, and has a reasonable hot selection, and plenty else besides.
The hotel is used by numerous tour groups, and the lifts can be very congested when everybody leaves at the same time - beware!

Room Tip: High rooms have superb views
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SunderlandMackem
MartinStolka, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear guest,
Allow me to thank you for your evaluations of our hotel. I truly appreciate it.
I am sorry for your description of our dinner offer; we usually prepare the standard hot buffet in cooperation with the particular travel agency. I apologize for this.
I would like to thank you for your evaluation of our breakfast and our friendly staff.
I accept the described ugliness of the exterior of our building, but myself I am very proud of our new building that we opened one year ago after overall reconstruction, and since then we have won three awards in three different architectural competitions. I believe the reason why we were awarded three times was that we had changed the design of old communist building (the original hotel was opened in 1981) into a new modern hotel.
Once again, I would like to apologize for the problems caused, especially for the hot buffet and the elevators.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Hi to everybody,
I am not some kind of the person which is writting these lines very often,but I would like share with you the feelings and experiences from the time I spent,couple of days in Czech Republic and mainly in hotel Clarion Congress Ceske Budejovice.
I have to thanks all friendly staff,from reservation office,(from which I´ve got confirmation of my reservation at the same day which I done it).Reception was allways prepared to help me with any my requierments any time,same I can say about all stuff which I met during my stayinig.
The room was nice,clean,allways good smelling and what I realy enjoyed was the beutifull view to the city and the location.
The restaurant and the breakfast was delicious,from warm breakfast with eggs and sausages to health breakfast with fresh fruits and fresh pastries several types.
Everything was fine and I am sure we will see again.
C.S.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
MartinStolka, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Guest,
Let me thank you very much you for your nice feedback and recommendation for Clarion Congress Hotel České Budějovice.
I am particularly pleased by the fact you appreciate our friendly staff, especially my colleagues form reservation department and reception.
It would be a pleasure for me to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had as a couple a beautiful air conditioned room on the 16th floor. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Food was good and tasty. Unfortunately in Loco-restaurant there were 2 grumpy ladies who did not speak German and the English language and not so annoying responded. Another lady was after this incident very helpful.
Furthermore in any case it is a nice and comfortable hotel. It is quite nice to take the daily hotelbus for a nice tour in the town.

Room Tip: Ask by time fort certain facilities by Internet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
MartinStolka, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear guests,
Allow me to thank you for your evaluations of our hotel. I truly appreciate it.
I would like to apologize for the problem with service in our restaurant IN-LOCO. We have already taken measures to prevent such problems in the future, so we are trying to improve the foreign language skills of our staff.
I would like to thank you for your evaluations of our staff and for your recommendations for our hotel.
Once again, I would like to apologize for the caused problems.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights and found it quite nice apart from the lobby, again like most hotels its the main smoking area and it hits you like a brick in the face when you walk in. We had our 4 year old with us and so chose to site in the only part which is cornered off but the airconditioning was so cold we couldn't bare it for too long.

The rooms were nice, big enough for us, the breakfast buffet was great. Hotel location is also good, just a short walk to the centre, which is also very nice.

We enjoyed our stay and the staff were very professional, so I would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
MartinStolka, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear guests,
Allow me to thank you for your evaluations of our hotel. I truly appreciate it.
I would like to apologize for the problem with the smoky lobby and the overly cooling air-conditioning. We have already taken measures to prevent such problems in the future.
I would like to thank you for your evaluations of our staff and for your recommendation of our hotel.
Once again, I would like to apologize for the caused problems.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I really enjoyed my two days in Ceske Budejovice and the Clarion Congress Hotel was one of the best parts. The staff is very friendly and spoke English. My room was incredibly comfortable with spectacular views of the city from all sides including one large window in my shower/tub. Loved it and breakfast is fantastic with so many choices, hot and cold.

The city is small but I really enjoyed exploring it and then took the bus the second day the 50 minutes to Cesky Krumlov, very easy and inexpensive about 2.00 dollars each way and it's a nice city to explore with lots of beautiful old buildings and although I went in winter so I did'nt get to explore the castle or see the Baroque theatre I would recommend it to everyone and hope that it's open when you are there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
MartinStolka, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear Guest,
Let me thank you very much you for your nice feedback and recommendation for Clarion Congress Hotel České Budějovice and České Budějovice Town as well.
I am particularly pleased by the fact you appreciate our friendly staff and the quality of breakfast service.
It would be a pleasure for me to welcome you again in our hotel.