“Nice little room”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Ceske Budejovice
brussels
“Nice little room”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The town itself was a little disappointing for us, after seeing Prague. The hotel hosts lots of tourists (large groups) and businessmen. It's clean, the rooms are rather small but neat and you can open the window to get some fresh air. The view over the city is fascinating. The bathroom however was the smallest i've ever seen : you could wash your teeth while sitting on the toilet ! Restaurant is large, again groups eating from the buffet or a menu. Breakfast is very impressive, you can get anything from vegetables to pancakes (but be there early !)

Room Tip: Ask for a view over the city
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank danzigBrussels
MartinStolka, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Allow me to thank you for your evaluation of our hotel. I truly appreciate it.
It would be a pleasure for me to welcome you again in our hotel. I hope our town could be nicer probably during the summer, when you can make a lot of trips into beautiful soundings of our town.
Thanking you again for your review I am,
Martin Štolka / Hotel Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Very nice and decently renovated hotel. Perfect location nearby the city centre. Stunning view from the upper floors. However the lobby was a little bit smelly from the adjacent lobby bar where smoking is allowed. What I enjoyed the most was the breakfast. It was obvious there were many trainees around but perfectly managed by their chief. Very kind and helpful. The only thing I disliked about the breakfast was the poor quality of coffee and juice. But overall I had a very good experience with this hotel and I can definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Definitely upper rooms for a stunning views.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lu H
MartinStolka, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Lu H,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel with us.
I am very pleasant by your appreciate of my colleagues – apprentice and their chief.
Please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences which have caused lobby bar and poor quality of breakfast coffee and juice. We wanted to assure you that we have taken your feedback very seriously; and have begun immediately in improving the issue with our Maintenance department (fresh air in the lobby) and with our Food & Beverages department.
I hope that I will have opportunity to meet you personally in our hotel by your next visit of our town.
Thanking you again for your review and your recommendation I am,
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is very nice hotel near to the center of town. Accommodation is on very good level, like the others Clarion hotels – not biggest room but clean and the view is unforgettable. We spent very nice evening in the restaurant Loco, we were there surprised of the quality of food because we would not expect the local cuisine in this type of hotel. In the lobby bar we have to appreciate the young staff (very personable Veranika and Kate). I hope we come back in summer.

Room Tip: Visit LOCO restaurant
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eric R
MartinStolka, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Eric,
I of course share your review with my colleagues, special with Veronika and Kate.
I hope that I will have opportunity to meet you personally this summer in our hotel.
Bergamo, Italy
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Calm and quiet, we had a great view over the old town. Rooms are nice, clean, with big bathroom and the most comfy bed I've tried.
Breakfast is huge, buffet where you can find anything you can think about.
Staff kind and helpful.

Room Tip: Upper floors are definitely THE choice.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucievic
MartinStolka, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your nice feedback about our hotel with us. It's great to hear you have been satisfied in our hotel. To read such a things like “Staff kind and helpful”, this is the best what can manager find in review. Thank you.
I hope you will once again choose our hotel in České Budejovice when returning to the area. We will prepare special room with the great view again.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here for one night before heading to Prague. We were exhausted from long hours of travel before arrival but thankful that this choice did not let us down: nice staff, cozy rooms with awesome night view, and good breakfast buffet. Overall it was a wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ppqq
Dear guests,
Thank you for taking the time to share your nice feedback about our hotel with us. It's great to hear you appreciated our staff, rooms and breakfast during your stay.
I hope you will once again choose our hotel in České Budejovice when returning to the area or you will only go throw South Bohemia like this time.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Thanks a lot, wonderfull times in your hotel excelent cleanliness, staff and food. Location in the centre of the city with beautiful view from windows, good parking place. Absolutely have to recomend.

THX

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MartinStolka, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Peter F,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel with us. It's great to hear you appreciated our Staff and food during your stay. Thank you for your notice about our view from windows, I think that the nice surroundings of České Budejovice and the whole old town you can see the best from our hotel.
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed 3 December 2013

It is an excellent hotel close to the city center. In Loco restaurant serves delicious dishes based on the Czech kitchen. Very friendly staff And good breakfast. Parking in the area of hotel. Neer of schopping center.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Ernest C,
Allow me to thank you for your evaluations of our hotel. I truly appreciate it.
I am particularly pleased by the fact you appreciate our IN-LOCO restaurant (I believe we made a good decision that we prefer the traditionally Czech cuisine), friendly staff and breakfast.
It would be a pleasure for me to welcome you again in our hotel.
Thanking you again for your review I am,