“worst ever”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Ceske Budejovice
Truro, United Kingdom
“worst ever”
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Well if this is a 4star i will go to the moon, the rooms were crap, breakfast even worse the only good thing was the bar and the young lady serving she was a star and far to good for this hotel. avoid at all costs

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Prague
Reviewed 14 February 2010

I have stayed here for 1 night only. The check in was perfect, the receptionist was really helpfull. I got a single room at the very top. 16th floor is really high and view was absolutelly perfect. Wireless internet is everywhere, even thoguh my laptop was unable to connect. I used my mobile internet instead.
I went to lobby bar to have a coffee, the waitress was very good.

I have to say, that in Ceske Budejovice I felt really welcome by all the waiters and waitress. Either I was lucky or they simply know the meaning of word hospitality.
Other places I can recommend to visit is Maly Pivovar restaurant and Mastne Kramy restaurant. The food in both was really good, even though the Budwiesser beer did not make any good to me....

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank MichalPrague
Odessa
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I spent two nights in Gomel this spring and all I can say is GREAT thanks!
Our room was very big, we had lots of free space there, it was clean and comfy! The breakfasts were tasty, too, we got absolutely happy when we found there tasty buns and cakes, so we got enough energy to walk around and have fun!

Marvellous. A superiour job you've done there.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Olga_Luzhetskaya
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Great service and tidy comfy room. Staff is friendly and helpfull, even with our cheap voucher. We stayed with our voucher on 16th floor, hot in summer, but airconditioner was a great help.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank folieske4
Brussels
Reviewed 7 April 2009

I spent three days in the Gomel on a business trip with colleagues. From outside it has the shabby charme of a socialist monstrosity from the 1980s. The inside has recently been renovated. The rooms are functional, if a little small. Beware of very slow elevators. Heating was much too hot for the spring temperatures and could not really be regulated. During the morning peak the hot water in the shower comes in unpleasant waves of hot and cold. The breakfast buffet offers a wide choice, some of the food is regional. My colleagues enjoyed the fresh omelettes prepared on the spot. The old town of Budweis is a 10 minute walk away. All in all, we thought this hotel was OK.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Tábor
Reviewed 31 January 2009

I stayed there for 1 night and I was absolutely satisfied with everything! Hotel Gomel has a great location, it is a nice place not far from city centre. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. They gave us all the details that we needed. I was accommodated in the large clean room on the 15th floor. There was a beautiful view of the whole town (České Budějovice). I was absolutely satisfied with WIFI in this hotel (free of charge). I needed to work till late night and WIFI in the room functioned continually . The atmosphere in the hotel was very welcoming and breakfast in the morning was huge and also excellent. I would go back, no doubt! Great value for money!

• Liked — large, clean and comfortable room, excellent cuisine in the hotel, large parking, WIFI - free of charge etc.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Belgrade
Reviewed 3 May 2008

This is big,clean,nice hotel. It is located 5 minutes walk, to the center of the town. I have no complaints about rooms. Clean, good equipped- tv, mini bar. Food could be more variety, but that not big complaint. What can i say more,i recomend this hotel.

• Liked — near center of town
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008