“Very good location at a decent price”
Review of Grand Hotel Zvon

Grand Hotel Zvon
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Ceske Budejovice
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Impressive room (very big). Clean. Great location with a view to the the main square in Budvar. Cheap food at the restaurant, but tasty. Expensive parking lot underground (19 € per night) but free parking on the main square between 18:00 and 8:00.
Overall, a very pleasant experience and a place I felt great with my family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
psal, General Manager at Grand Hotel Zvon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your evaluation of our property and feedback. I am very happy you liked your big room with square view and food in our restaurant. Only please, let me mention that there has perhaps been a misunderstanding, because our secure garage is only 9 EUR per night. Thank you once more for your visit. Kind regards, Petr (GM)

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Our first impressions of this hotel were favourable with the polite and attentive receptionist sorting our booking and room out in no time. The garage is a thing of wonder: it is on the first floor and you are taken up in your car in an old-fashioned lift. The whole hotel is beautifully furnished and clean, the wifi is fine, and breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
psal, General Manager at Grand Hotel Zvon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I am very happy you liked our garage, Wi-Fi, breakfast and friendly staff and overall enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to you next visit. Kind regards, Petr (GM)

Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is probably the best Hotel you can get in downtown Budvar/Budweis. Everything is in walking distance. Enjoy the sunset in the front with a nice local beer. Rooms are good Business standard, avoid the top roof rooms as they are smelly due to paint in the old wood construction.

Room Tip: Do not accept top floor rooms, go for the middle and also ask for windows towards the inner side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
psal, General Manager at Grand Hotel Zvon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your favourable review of our hotel, especially for highlighting the great location in the main town square and the quality of service and beer. We are looking forward to your next visit. Kind regards,
Petr (GM)

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the Grand Hotel Zvon. The location is excellent, right on the main square. I had a fifth floor room overlooking the square which featured nice tall ceilings and windows, air conditioning (a must given the heat), a good closet and robes. With the windows closed, I heard no street noise and open, I could hear the fountain in the square. The bathroom was small with an unenclosed tub/shower, and I take off a few points for so so towels and bath products, but for 98 euros/night including breakfast and free wifi, you can't have everything. Breakfast was the usual buffet with eggs, sausages, bacon, pastries, toast, cereal, fruit, cheese, meats etc with the seemingly ubiquitous multi-product coffee machine.

The best part of my stay was the helpfulness of the staff. Pre-arrival communications with the manager regarding arrangements for being met at the train and some sightseeing were answered promptly and helpfully. I was met at the station by a car and transported to the hotel with no charge. A taxi back to the station was around 100 crowns. When I realized on my way into town on Sunday that I needed to change my plans because of regular Monday attraction closures, the staff helped me figure out bus schedules for Sunday afternoon that would get me to and from Cesky Krumlov, printing everything out and getting me on my sightseeing way about 20 minutes after arrival. Every question was handled efficiently and graciously in English. Based on their literature the hotel seems able to arrange all kinds of sightseeing options, and based on my experience I would be confident that this would go smoothly, especially if you communicated by email prior to arrival.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your warm words about our staff and service, I will gladly pass them on to our team. This is a great incentive for all of us to try to work even harder in the future. Thank you also for mentioning the shortcomings - bath products. As a matter of fact, we are changing them right now and the new cosmetics line will be available in our rooms starting next week. I am also very grateful that you mentioned our excellent location, as well as the charming square view the Deluxe rooms have. Thank you & Kind regards, Petr (GM)

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We have spent the Easter Holiday in GH Zvon in Ceske Budejovice and it was the best choice to suprise my wife and daughters (14years) with extraordinary rooms (especially the suite , we were upgraded to) and fabulous gastronomy. The rooms had view over the historical square with fontaine, were very quite, large beds and TV - it makes my life. The breakfast was very rich, you can select from hot and cold buffet as well as we could ask the service for ham and eggs or fresh espresso included in price. I liked the newspapers ready by entrance. We came by car and enjoyed to be lifted with car to upper floor on the roof where is parking located. The next day they parked us in the garage as it started snow - small but great touch of personalized service.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a suite but also the standard room was more than what I expect. The design perfe...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tomas69
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I took part on a tour in the Czech Republic. Grand Hotel Zvon is a good place to explore the region.
Well located in the heart of this old city. We were lucky with our room, the view was excellent, the bathroom was spacious, the room was big enough for two men.
The receptionist arranged us to watch the internet tv in the lobby.
The quality of the breakfast was good.
The brasserie in the hotel is a perfect place for beer fans. One can try the Masne Kramy brasserie-restaurant in the neighborhood. We went also there and had a yummy half-duck.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I was a bit worried as the reviews were fine but the website of the hotel was not very good and I had mixed feelings. I have booked the superior room with the view of the main famous square and I was very happy we have stayed in this hotel for our stay in Ceske Budejovice. The staff was very friendly and helpful (they have recommended a restaurant for us and bars we wanted to go) and the room was very pleasant as well - simple, but very nice decorated, with a very comfortable bed and we have received some fruit and sparkling wine for our honeymoon. I can't judge the other rooms in the hotel, but the superior one is worth staying in and enjoying Ceske Budejovice from there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
psal, General Manager at Grand Hotel Zvon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our property. We are very happy you liked our hotel in general and our Executive room with its stunning view over the historical square in particular.
On behalf of our team,