Historic Center of Cesky Krumlov
US$344.43*
Day Trip to Cesky Krumlov from Prague by Private Transfer
US$353.29*
and up
Private Return Day Trip from Linz to Cesky Krumlov: Transportation Only or...
Reviewed 25 August 2014

When we arrived by coach at Cesky Krumlov, I felt like a little girl again! I felt as if i had walked into a fairytale book. The narrow and winding streets, the wooden bridges, the toppling houses and wooden decorations make this little town a fantasy place. Although there are many tourists, yet one feels on a voyage down in centuries. I almost expected Sleeping Beauty, or Cinderella or Rapunzel to come out and talk to me. To make it more dreamlike, on the day, there was a celebration of sorts, to commemorate the ruling family of old times. People walked about in costume, and then there was a parade in the square, complete with drummers,a Duke and Duchess on horseback, a page reading from a parchment etc... We had a real good time. People were having fun going on rides in boats along the river, eating traditional snacks, neing served by waiters in costume. All in all we had such a great day!!
I really recommend a visit to this little town. There are museums too if one cares to visit, as well as a Church and Castle.
Go there and become a child again!!

1  Thank Sengleana
Write a ReviewReviews (3,428)

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I were here for the first time, and it lived up to expectations. It really is a miniature Prague, with a lovely old town in a bend of the river and a castle towering on the opposite bank. I have rarely seen such au unspoilt collection of medieval buildings, uninterrupted by modern abominations as is the case in most old West European cities. Thank goodness for the years of communist neglect! Yes, of course there are too many tourists and souvenir shops, but you could always go to an ugly city where there aren't any if you prefer!

2  Thank Tony E
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Cesky Krumlov is a beautiful, postcard-perfect looking town. I stopped here for a day while travelling from Prague to Salzburg. Spending one night here is more than enough. It's a small town and easy to get around. It's a bit of a tourist trap but it's still one of my favorite cities in Europe.

1  Thank ksthila
Reviewed 21 August 2014

There is a wide range of restaurants suited for all types of budget. Lots of cobble paths, can we quite congested in some areas but there is always somewhere peaceful to go and something to see. Very nice atmosphere in the evening with live bands.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Like another reviewer said, I really wanted to love this town. It was a long drive from Prague, but I was riding on an air conditioned bus, not driving it, so that wasn't the problem. It was a hot day ... but not as hot as in Prague, and anyone who lets the weather affect their mood really shouldn't be travelling anyway! The scenery from Prague isn't spectacular by any means, but I always find it interesting and enjoyable getting out of the city and seeing the countryside. Finally, the village, as others have noted, is 'picture perfect', compact, lots of different architecture, and even has a castle and a river. So it's all there ... but for some reason I found it all instantly forgettable. Maybe I was just 'cobblestoned and castled' out, or maybe I just like my historical sites with a bit more edge to them. In any event, there was no moment when I said ... 'wow!' or got a 'true feel' for the town.

2  Thank John L