“Very delicious restaurant”

Gypsy Bar (Cikanska Jizba)
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Very delicious restaurant”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We went here for dinner while in Cesky Krumlov. The food and beer were delicious, it had a cute atmosphere, service was okay (you're not gonna get excellent service in the Czech Republic), we were able to get an English menu. My boyfriend had the pork cutlet, which he really enjoyed, and I had the spicy chicken breast which was very very good. We loved how cheap it is to eat in Czech Republic.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jenny H

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Toronto
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My girlfriend and I were in Cesky Krumlov for one week and ate here almost every day. There was a great selection of traditional Czech foods and amazing prices for beer.

The owner Milan was friendly and he seemed to really enjoy seeing us day after day. We tried almost everything on the menu and there wasn't a single thing my girlfriend and I didn't enjoy.

The live music they play on weekends was incredible. The owners son is in one of the bands that play and was extremely talented. The music was upbeat, catchy, and fun to listen to.

We sat on the bench out front which offered some good views up and down Dlouha street. It was also interesting to see countless people read the menu but then wander off to another restaurant since they were probably too afraid to try something new.

The restaurant is literally a hole in the wall on Dlouha street but no trip to Cesky Krumlov is complete without a visit to Cikanska Jizba.

We will definitely visit again when we return to Cesky Krumlov and I highly recommend everyone check this place out.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Dario P
Budapest
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Great Roma music”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We had a great time listening and watching the local Roma band playing and locals dancing. They serve local beers and service is fast and efficient.

Visited April 2014
Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic
“A positive experience !”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Very nice. Not a top restaurant , but tasty food, served up with good humour and a smile in a small unusual setting. Not expensive . Go.....you won't be sorry !

London, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Terrible service, good atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This one is a mixed bag for me. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and music and friendly locals here. There was a gypsy band playing and people dancing on tables and having a great time and we met a few locals and a couple tourists and had fun. This place is tiny and packed with people but not so much you couldn't move. You would, however, (as my friend found out) occasionally get elbowed in the eye by some flamboyant dancing patrons or fell on by others, but I guess that's part of it. Just make sure to have a few drinks before coming in here and you'll be fine.

We also came late night so there was only pizza available but the pizza was relatively cheap and it was good.

Why three stars? The service was terrible. The bartender (and the owner from what I understand) was a jerk and pretty much ignored us when asking for anything. Yes, we're tourists, and I understand not everyone likes that in a local bar, but I know enough Czech to get by and order, and I did, but it didn't matter. I didn't see him smile one time. "Typical Czech service" the locals tell me, but it was really off-putting. He wasn't just unfriendly, he was unnecessarily aggressive.

Regardless, I'd still come here again.

Visited December 2013