“Everything a backpacker could want!”

Hostel Krumlov House & WriteAway Retreat
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I loved my top floor private room. Which wasn't overly pricey. Beautiful view. Very clean shared toilet with opposite room across the landing. Owners are very helpful and the breakfast Jo was the best ive had along my travels in a hostel. Will be coming back for a longer stay.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I really liked the private apartment. I had the ground floor one all the way to the end of the house. It was very spacious and very comfortable. I experienced no noise and felt like I literally had my own little home in Cesky Krumlov! I got a lot for what I paid for. It's only 1000 czk a night for it and you get some much space and peace and quiet. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Thank you Krumlov house for a great stay!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a great experience at krumlov house. It has so many great quirks and lots of personal touches from Cal the owner who greeted us on arrival. It's a short walk to the centre of town and the bus stop which took us to prague. They also provided us with an awesome breakfast and a map of the town wrung the best tips for bars and restaurants. No complaints!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed in July 2014 in one of the private apartments downstairs and everything was fantastic. We loved the little kitchen and the spacious shower. I wish we could have stayed more than one night. We also enjoyed the breakfast and renting tubes for the river! It stayed quite cool in our apartment even though it was warm out, which was perfect for sleeping. I hope to visit Cesky Krumlov again and I will definitely stay here! :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie J
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Amazingly friendly staff. They have everythingyou need really and give you a great introduction to the city with so many suggestions on what to do no matter how long you're staying. Out of all the hostels I've stayed at, this one most felt like a home. And if you're American, you'll be pleasantly surprised by the American staff who have found a home in this little city. Just make sure you get there before 8pm! Almost missed the time it closed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I've been to three hostels in Cesky Krumlov (had to switch every day due to lastminute availability), and this is what I found:

Krumlov House is the most famous hostel in Cesky Krumlov, and is very well organised (e.g., quick responses over e-mail, people were native speakers of English, they have lists of things for you to do, wifi worked fine, etc.). The hostel itself is very nice as well - an older house, but relatively modern interior, loads of space to socialise, nice big kitchen. There were no bunk beds and that was nice too. All in all a very neat hostel, that I would recommend to people. You have to walk a little to get there but it's really not that far.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank wazoozaw
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Had a great stay at Hostel Krumlov. I booked a private room and was put in the most adorable cottage on the lake. Before the stay, Krumlov House send a confirmation stocked full of information including travel info, directions, etc.- basically everything you need. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. They supply you with a map with some of their favorite bars and restaurants highlighted- I tried a few and they were really great. The location is ideal and less than a 5 minute walk into the town square (ok, maybe 5 min, but I walk fast). I also met really cool travelers staying in the main house. All in all, fantastic stay and I'll definitely stay here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: The private cottage is the way to go if you are looking for something quiet. It has its own kitchen...