“Like staying in a cute cabin”

Hostel Krumlov House & WriteAway Retreat
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Krumlov house was gorgeous just like the town. The double private room was upstairs and had a view over the river. The room was very spacious with comfortable bed. Shared bathroom wasn't a problem at all and very clean. Downstairs there was a fully equip kitchen and living room if you wanted to have some quiet time. You could pay for a full cooked breakfast which was delicious and cheap. French toast, eggs, toast, fruit, yoghurt, tea and coffee.

The hostel was a 5 min walk into the main square, where all the restaurants and bars are. Up the road from the house you can hire the boats for the river and they give you a discount for staying there.

You feel very comfortable and safe here. The staff were lovely and helpful.

GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmCohen
There are newer reviews for Hostel Krumlov House & WriteAway Retreat

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

It's a wonderful place to stay. Atmospheric, quirky, close to the centre but far enough away to be relaxing. Great people running Krumlov House who provide detailed information on whatever you need. Cesky Krumlov is a wonderful base for hiking and we got wonderful information on walks. We had a huge private room and were very happy there.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank 1811027Jenny
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The staff was friendly, helpful, and sincere. I felt like I was staying in a friend's home instead of a hostel. They really embrace the small village atmosphere of the area and make you feel right at home. The breakfast is homemade and totally worth it! The rooms were clean and well situated and I felt very safe. It was the perfect space to make new friends, explore the town, and enjoy some hot cocoa. I will definitely be returning one day!

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I loved my top floor private room. Which wasn't overly pricey. Beautiful view. Very clean shared toilet with opposite room across the landing. Owners are very helpful and the breakfast Jo was the best ive had along my travels in a hostel. Will be coming back for a longer stay.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I really liked the private apartment. I had the ground floor one all the way to the end of the house. It was very spacious and very comfortable. I experienced no noise and felt like I literally had my own little home in Cesky Krumlov! I got a lot for what I paid for. It's only 1000 czk a night for it and you get some much space and peace and quiet. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Thank you Krumlov house for a great stay!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a great experience at krumlov house. It has so many great quirks and lots of personal touches from Cal the owner who greeted us on arrival. It's a short walk to the centre of town and the bus stop which took us to prague. They also provided us with an awesome breakfast and a map of the town wrung the best tips for bars and restaurants. No complaints!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed in July 2014 in one of the private apartments downstairs and everything was fantastic. We loved the little kitchen and the spacious shower. I wish we could have stayed more than one night. We also enjoyed the breakfast and renting tubes for the river! It stayed quite cool in our apartment even though it was warm out, which was perfect for sleeping. I hope to visit Cesky Krumlov again and I will definitely stay here! :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple