“Very good hotel, great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Bellevue

and 1 more site!
Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Cesky Krumlov
“Very good hotel, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Hotel bellevue is a good and very well managed hotel, in a good location in Cesky Krumlove.
You can drive up to the hotel door to drop off and pick up your bags, which is not the case in many of the hotels in this small and beautiful town.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very well set up in terms of furniture and amenities. Wifi works extremelly well and is super fast. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. The breakfast is good "European style" but has some hot items also and fresh fruits.

We only had a small problem with the parking, which is off the premises(typical in this town.) They gave us a card to access the parking, but the card did not work once, twice or up to three times, when they changed the card. We end up paying for the parking, which is inexpensive, but it was a small annoyance. They claimed we were the first peopel ever to ave this problem....

Overall a very good experience

Room Tip: Superior roms are worth paying for. Overall the place is very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Smpletraveler
Martin K, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to personaly thank you for your nice comment. I am happy to read you were satisfied with our services and cleanliness of the property. I will happily share your valuable comment with our team members.
Kind regard from Bellevue Hotel Cesky Krumlov,

Martin Kocourek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Prague
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

we enjoyed our stay very much. every staff member in the hotel was very friendly and helpful. we had a nice spacious junior suite with a balcony. we had a dinner in their le jardin restaurant and we enjoyed their degustation menu.
thanks to all in bellevue hotel for a pleasant stay in cesky krumlov.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear dfarky,
thank you for your friendly comment. I am really happy you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Especially your comment about our restaurant is very valuable. I will be more than happy to share your opinion about our services with my team members.
See you again in hotel Bellevue Cesky Krumlov.
Sincerely yours,
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Cesky Krumlov is becoming a must-see spot to visit and stay. It is a lovely town, small enough to walk everywhere, and would suggest that you stay in the Old Town because of the atmosphere. Staying at Hotel Bellevue was somewhat different for us as we were given an "executive room" in the attic as an upgrade. To be honest, it was perhaps not the most suitable if you don't wish to carry your luggage up 2 flights of stairs, don't wish to have a room that is actually in the attic and therefore you - wait for it- have to actually walk over the ceiling beams that are across the floor so as you can get from one end of your huge room to the other end. You cannot avoid these beams - you literally walk over them throughout your room which is about 25 metres long. It is all open - the bed is at one end (remember the beams !) and the bathroom at the other end. Such a large room that there are 7 heaters in the open area, and 1 more in the bathroom. All modern and clean just awkward for walking over beams in the middle of the night ! I'll say no more about this as the hotel was very pleasant, the staff very friendly, and the location very good. Just ask for a normal room ! The restaurant is expensive for an evening meal, but the breakfast is very good and filling. There are plenty of restaurants in town that you can walk to - we found lots of good ones - just ask other visitors for their recommendations for your evening meal.

Room Tip: Avoid the offer to be upgraded - these rooms are not on the same floors as the lifts and the Alto ro...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grahamandrobyn
Dear grahamandrobin,
let me please thank you for your nice and very detailed comment. I am happy you find our staff friendly and helpful. This is very very important for me. I am sorry you have not enjoyed our Luxury suite. But I am sure we will find the right room choice for you next time:-).
Kind regard from hotel Bellevue in Cesky Krumlov,
Martin Kocourek,
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel in November during the "low" season. It was a 5-10 minute easy walk from the bus station. There were only 5 guests in the hotel and we were upgraded to the Presidential Suite. It was one of the best rooms I have ever stayed in. It was extremely roomy and comfortable. The front desk manager who met us is Nikola Sejnohova. Her customer service skills are some of the best I have ever seen!! She provided us excellent information for restaurants and sightseeing in Cesky Krumlov. Furthermore, she is sweet and greeted us each time we came in with a smile. That has nothing to do with customer service though...she is obviously a very nice person greeting us with a friendly way while we are guests in her town. This is something you can't teach. She is a huge asset to this hotel. Lastly, the breakfast that was included with our room was very delicious. The variety of fruit, meat, cheese, breads and spreads, juice, etc was superior. Because there were so few guests at the hotel, our breakfast was prepared to order. To top it off, the weather was wonderful in this fairy tale town. We got a lovely dusting of snow when we arrived. It was a perfect visit to Cesky Krumlov. I would only come back in "low" season again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Martin K, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear guest,
it was for me a big pleasure to read your nice comment about our services in hotel Bellevue in Cesky Krumlov.
Especially your kind comment on our team member Nikola made me happy. Nikola shows constantly high level of guests services and excellent customer care.
You have mentioned the posibillity to visit Cesky Krumlov again. If so, please do not hasitate to contact me. It will be a great pleasure to arrange your next stay.
Kind regard, Martin Kocourek
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

This past week I decided to propose to my now fiancee in the Czech Republic. A place I'd lived for 4 years in the early 2000s, and for which I have a deep fondness. Our home base, where we spent most of our one week vacation was Prague. However, after feeling a bit exhausted with the hustle and the bustle of the city, we made a last minute trip to Český Krumlov for a night.

Before I gush about our stay at the Bellevue, a little more context might be helpful. I had visited Krumlov about 5 times when I lived in Prague and stayed in different hotels and hostels. These visits were at different times of the year--summer, fall, winter; and while each stay was different, I'd never had a bad accommodation experience. Though I'm sure that speaking a modicum of Czech was beneficial in my experiences, it never seemed absolutely necessary.

When we arrived at the Bellevue at approximately 6 p.m., we were greeted by an exceptionally kind front desk clerk who made us feel genuinely welcome. She was able to switch between Czech and English with great ease and was crisp, though not at all without warmth, as she explained the services of the hotel.

As this was not the height of tourist season (I'm assuming this was the reason), we were upgraded to "Franz" from a standard double. The exposed beams, comfortable beds, and subtle decorative accents were highlights. The points other reviewers have made--that the double beds are indeed separate though held together, that the bathtub has a high edge--were not problems for us at all. The former we thought charming and the latter allowed for a nice deep tub. A handwritten note, chocolates, and strawberries were also examples of the attention to detail we experienced in our room.

Before heading out take an evening stroll through Český Krumlov, we ate dinner at the hotel restaurant, "Le Jardin." The service was very good, the food quite good, and the music a tad off. I've always found music such as techno and disco to be odd selections for fine dining. Though barely above noticeable, we heard Barry White and Gloria Gaynor while eating our dinner. This is a very minor point and a bit of a diversion from the review of the hotel. Kind of an overall phenomenon I've noticed throughout the Czech Republic.

After dining we told the new front desk clerk--equally as friendly, fluent in English, and helpful as the first front desk clerk we met--that we'd like to use the on site sauna if at all possible. She told us this wouldn't be a problem and we could reserve the facilities for whenever we'd like. Though we returned a half hour later than we'd anticipated, the clerk kindly escorted us to the sauna and relaxation room. Sequestered in the basement of the hotel--behind two doors--was an elegant relaxation room with fresh fruit, water, candles, sauna sheets, towels, and wooden reclining chairs. Attached was the clean and modern sauna. We spent about an hour and a half here unwinding from the mild travel stress that had been accumulating.

The rest of our stay was equally great. Hats off to whomever arranged the staff training. Each employee was helpful, friendly, and able to converse with high fluency in English. I mentioned to my fiancee that I had to remember the names of each employee as I was so impressed. This consistency amongst the staff was so appreciated. The staff at our hotel in Prague, another 4 star hotel, can't be said to have this same level of consistent professionalism or quality of service.

I cannot speak to visiting the Bellevue during the peak of tourism--I don't think we would have been upgraded to a luxury suite, we can't speak to the noise level at night here, and perhaps we wouldn't have been able to be so flexible with our reservation time for the sauna--but for those travelers who are looking for high quality service, and a charming, romantic retreat within a beautiful town, we would strongly encourage you to consider the Bellevue.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Martin K, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear guest,

on behalf of our team I would like to thank you for your very nice comment. You can not imagine the pleasure I had while reading your opinion about our performance.
I am happy to see our guests satisfied. I will proudly share your comment with all our staff members.

Sincerely Yours, Martin Kocourek
Regensburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

My wife and me decided to spend the weekend in Krumlov, so we picked an Hotel purely by the look of the photos in the advertisment. We were not let down. The room was very large and cleen and the interiour was very nice. i would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to everybody who wants to visit krumlov, because it lies just at the beginning of the old town and is an excellent starting point to explore the beautiful city.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Martin K, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Tomas,
You made my day:-). Thank you so much for your comment about our hotel, services and staff members. We all in hotel Bellevue are so happy to see our guests enjoying their time in beautiful Cesky Krumlov.
Thank you again and best regard from Cesky Krumlov,

Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

The hotel is in a good location for exploring the town. The facilities were very good and the reception staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast selection was fine.

Our room was fine, although perhaps it could use an update. The fact that the 'double bed' had two matresses that easily slipped apart was a bit annoying, especially as we had specifically requested and confirmed a double bed.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Martin K, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Ivale 420,
first of all, let me thank you for your comment on TA. I am happy, you were so satisfied with our staff, quality of breakfast as well as location.
I am glad to mention that we are in the process of updating our rooms. So by your next visit you will see the result of our efforts.
Thank you once again and have a great day,
Yours, Martin Kocourek