“Good location but no lift”
Review of Hotel Barbora

Hotel Barbora
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Cesky Krumlov
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This hotel is an old hotel which has been renovated so be prepared for uneven floor, limited power points and stairs. Our room was at the top of the hotel. It was not tiny and had an air conditioner - a bit noisy. However, it is in an ideal location for sight seeing in this charming town. We did not realize how far the railway station was from the hotel and we walked and worried how the suitcase wheels would survive the cobblestones. They did, surprisingly. The bus station is also a fair walk out of town but not as far as the train station. Most people take a shuttle service when they leave here to their next destination and that will pick up from your hotel. The breakfast was not a huge selection but enough for a good start to the day. Light next to the bed is not very good when reading. There is a good restaurant (Czech cuisine) in the hotel and a terraced area. Apart from the stairs we enjoyed our stay here. This hotel is one of the very few that offer aircon in the town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a lower floor, not right at the top - too many stairs!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LitsaE

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Visited Czech Republic several times and twice Cesky Krumlev - fell in love with this city! Second visit was exceptionally nice mostly because of friendliness and assistance of the family running Barbora hotel during our stay. We stayed as a group of friends (10 rooms 21 people) in Barbora hotel located in the heart of this medieval beautiful city and everything was absolutely nice and efficient. The rooms were comfortable and clean with all the needed amenities, comfortable beds and quality linen. Breakfast was reasonable with variety everything you need – fresh and tasty items including some of the organic products. All inquiries and extras we asked for were resolved in a very friendly and efficient way. Travelling a lot I have no doubts this is a very strong 4 star quality hotel. On the top of everything having several unexpected issues (after kayaking day tour several people were injured…) and the hotel family assisted my friends to get to nearest hospital escorting them by the private car, waiting for them in the hospital while the first aid will be provided and bringing them back. The whole family running the hotel was worried and cared a lot about our stay and we felt like home. Highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Cesky Krumlev whether you travelling as a group or as a couple. I can’t say that Czech Republic is the most friendly country in general (I mean people’s factor, often people are closed or even rude) but Barbora hotel family completely changed this impression. I will definitely return to this place! PS: the hotel is much nice than you can see on website pictures – I was surprised!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mishataratysha
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This hotel is very close to all the major sites in this amazing city. However, do not get stuck in the annex! There were no rooms in the main hotel, so we were housed a few streets over at the top floor. It's a chore to drag luggage up there. The slope of the rooms was so extreme, that we knocked our heads and limbs into the ceilings and walls!

If you can't stay in the main hotel, skip it. The terrace has a view of the river and is pleasant. Food is good, but not great. The clock was broken and there was no telephone so we were afraid of oversleeping. The staff sent a rep. over in the AM to knock on our door, however. Very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pbcusc
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The hotel is well placed. We stayed there with my family for two nights. It is not far from the main town park place. I never met more pleasant staff ever. We came there with my wife and my two children and they sent the car to take our luggage from the park place into the our apartment in the second floor of the hotel.
The receptionist is very nice lady, she were with us on the breakfast and she recommended us some activities like subway tour in the town. When we come back our room was cleaned well.
We had a lunch in the restaurant and we didn't regret. The staff in the restaurant is very kind.
The food was fast served and really tasty as well.
Next time we will go again to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank JFranz72
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I found this very nice and small hotel in the heart of Cesky Krumlov. we wanted a hotel that would offer us comfortable rooms, good food and atmosphere and we found it. My friends and I spent New Year here and it was great, good food, staff understud english, clean and big rooms and the receptionist was nice and helpful. We gladly recommend the hotel for anybody who wants a great acommodation and restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nelly M
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I will write a longer review but in points!
I love this place and I just want to celebrate New Year's Eve again.
The receptionist was friendly and celebrated with us.
The food was tasty - large portions, fresh vegetables.
The rooms were clean - comfortable bed, my back painful not.
My friends, they had had two children - the children get from employees cap (to celebrate the new year with animals), and whistles.So the kids were busy.
The wines are excellent.
We could stay for longer exuberant celebrations in the room even though we had been to leave on January 1 at 11 o'clock in the morning.
Fireworks was incredible.

I recommend this hotel.
Peter Steve Hab

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but if you are be able, ask for a room overlooking the castle. It's a...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Petr Steve H
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I was there with my friend. We arrived early in the morning. Receptionist welcomed us friendly. Rooms were very clean and and smelled good. We were here a week. The food was wonderful. Most of us were surprised that the hotel owned by one family that was here every day!!!!Next year we will come again. Thank you for your excellent service and wish you a happy new year

• Stayed: June 2011