“Nice apartment very near Velké Naměstí”
Review of Boromeum Residence

Boromeum Residence
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hradec Kralove
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was going to spend an entire day in Hradec Kralove and wanting something either close to the CAN (Central bus station) or close to Velké Naměstí. I chose this property based on the nearness to Velké Naměstí and the amenities offered.
I arrived in the early afternoon and took a STOTAXI from the CAN to Residence Boromeum for 100 Kc. My check in and payment took less than five minutes and after that I was shown the apartment by one of the staff. Awesome service!
The apartment was on the second floor and had full kitchen, living room/dining room, bedroom and bathroom. I felt that I could have lived here for at least a few weeks! :-)
There are many restaurants in the area of the hotel, so no problem with finding food. I ate dinner in Velké Naměstí at one of the many restaurants there. I didn't find any supermarkets in the area, but I did my shopping for beverages and breakfast at the Tesco in Kralove Atrium (close to the train and bus stations).
If you want comfort, space and location, you will want to stay here. :-)
"I'll be back..."

Room Tip: If you get a room facing away from the square I am sure it would be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Boromeum Residence

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We travel with our little daughter therefore we prefer apartments. Residence Boromeum offers very modern, clean and elegant apartments. We ordered Comfort with a separate bedroom. We really loved our apartment and can highly recommend!
We even thought what a lovely flat it would be for a couple:-)
Next door is Cafe where we picked up the keys on Saturday. And also next door is good Indian restaurant Everest, which we tried for Saturday dinner.
Parking is free with parking card, which you get together with the keys, in front of the house or in the next street.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kisak
Reviewed 13 July 2013

If you are in Hradec and want to spend some quality time sipping wine while having a good time with your friends this place is the right choice. They have always taken a great care of us there and 20/20 wines we have tested there were always fantastic especially for the price we have payed

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaroslav K
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We were so nicely surprised by the clean and comfortable room for our large family. There is absolutely nothing to complain about, price was great, for being a residence the service was excellent. The cafe/bar next door nothing but friendly service. I have been traveling all my life and by far never felt so at home as I did here. I highly recommended the Boromeum Residence.
Just for information we had four children with us, the older children (10 and 12) loved the upper loft bed area, while the babies (10 months and three years) never slept better with their parents in our own bedroom. Kitchen was fully supplied, so making bottles or coffee was a great convenience.

Room Tip: Top floor 5 had a great view of the city!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Right in the pretty old town area, just off the big central square. In what looks like traditional old building but apartments are newly referbished to a high standard. Spacious, clean with well equity kitchens and lounge. Satelite TV, free high speed wifi, Nice modern bathroom good shower.
My only grip was curtains need to be thicker or blinds installed in addition in bedroom. As nice bright mornings woke me earlier than I'd have liked. Despite that I will not hesitate to come back.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We spent 4 nights here and this was our favourite accomodation from a 6 week trip. The residence is an historic building in the heart of the old city - 2 minutes walk from the main square, but amazingly quiet at night. The old city is really beautiful and this is a good base to explore the surrounding areas as well. (We did day trips to the Cesky Raj and Adrspach Rock Town - different days). The apartments are nicely furnished, very spacious and comfortable. The kitchen was equipped with a large fridge/freezer, hotplates, a grill, electric jug and basic utensils. We had a bath and shower and we were able to do our laundry at no charge. The manager was very helpful. We were able to park in the street outside the hotel for free and we could see our vehicle from our window, Internet (wired) was available free. The only negatives were no hairdryer or toaster - but we used the grill.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Newly refurbished apartment block with all the amenities you could need. Very close to the town centre with many bars and restaurants. You'll need to head towards the new town to buy things for breakfast.

The lovely room we had sounds the same as Willem's so I'll just cut and paste "comprised a double bed in a loft area upstairs and a double bed in the second bed room, a clean and modern bathroom and a spacious living room and kitchen".

The downsides are that there is no air conditioning, a nearby bar stayed open till 2:00am and people were still wandering around shouting at 5:00am. I should say we stayed on a Friday night and it may be quieter on other nights.

I would return but I'd make sure we knew where the ear plugs were this time!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple