“Very good :)”

Hotel U Kralovny Elisky
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Hradec Kralove
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Very nice, clean hotel, good location - old town, friendly staff. The breakfast menu could be wider (Di not have a chance to try restaurant in the evening...) and Wi-fi in the rooms is not very good. However, overall a very good hotel - would choose it again :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 December 2012

we stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. it was great: 1) the rooms are very nice, we had a room with the view to the main square. the quality of the furniture is very good 2) we good some voucher for getting 50% off from the restaurant, which we used. i took some typical czech food plate, which was really very good. you dont get such food (for this price) very often in czech republic. if you dont have the 50% off, its not a cheap restaurant (but great quality) 3) there is some spa area with sauna, pools, etc... which we used heavily for relaxing after the day visiting the sights

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2012

nice building, nice surroundings, nice rooms... BUT some of the staff of the hotel - especially the present chief cook and one of the receptionist - are poor and stupid persons (my own experience, unfortunately)

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Judith B
Reviewed 8 February 2012

very good excelent room and restaurant . Very good

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank herman4
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I stayed one night for a business trip and the hotel was booked by my colleagues so I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised however - the building is elegant and understated and located on a small square just of Hradec's main town square. The rooms and interior are well appointed and comfortable. The only things I have to subtract points for are the lack of screen on teh shower (which soaked the bathroom floor) and the thin mattress. However everything else earns good marks - the breakfast was good, the staff friendly and efficient, the free internet fast and the location excellent. Overall a very pleasant stay and a place I will stay at again when I return to Hradec.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the square, its beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank zteu
Reviewed 2 May 2009

...okay so my room was cramped and the only window a small skylight? The shower and bathroom was modern EU, & the location in the heart of Old Town is superb. I took my evening runs through the square- with the snow falling and bells of the old Catholic Church ringing- the shop window lit up and a cup of mulled wine post run ...what could be better?

The third night - it was so cold I decided not to jog and headed to the spa. A small warm pool with my own personal lifeguard (spa supervisor included). What a unexpected treat.

And your choice of local Cz cuisine and restaurants- great food- and the price- foud US colleagues and five Czech colleagues for a four course meal with wine for under 120 Euros. Staff was very helpful and eager to please (as Czechs seem to be in the hotels I have stayed in. Great place to stay- and hope to return in the summer to enjoy a drink on the warm terrace.

Okay- bottom line- 16th century charming villa converted to a hotel with all the pluses (ambience and charm) and the minuses (cramped rooms with minimal outside light). Verdict- best place to stay in Hradec!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank HPM1984
Reviewed 24 January 2008

I stayed at this hotel in September. I moved here and my flat was not ready so I stayed at the hotel. It was very nice. It is clean and the staff is super helpful - even printing off maps to furniture stores to help me furnish my place. I often recommend my guests to stay here and I stayed here with pleasure. The food is good, a little deserted in the resto because locals know it to be more expensive.
If you go on the main square you will find some nice restos. COOK and LOOK for fast and fresh pasta, Sports Bar has good pizza and U rytre (spelling?) is a medieval style resto with fun ambiance and good food.
If you go down from the small square to your left you will find INFLAGRANTI one of the best restos in town. It is across the street from the court house. You can get the rosemary medallions and they bring it to you on a skewer over a flame, you need to see it to appreciate it. Very fun and delicious. I never forgot it.

I know about the pool situation mentioned by a reveiw below. It is true and I found out that there is supposed to be a sign telling people to wear swimming trunks in the pool. The sauna at this hotel is the best in town and it is open to the public. Many people go there and after sauna go nude into the pool. Not hygienic and not nice for unsuspecting tourists. If this happens look for a sign on the wall in Czech and point vigorously or question the staff. I think this public pool and sauna business is not the best and it is kept secret from the guests, So now you know. But truly , I would stay there again, it is a nice place.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business