See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Actually I were transferred to an adjacent 4 star hotel because this one were overbooks. But friends who stayed at Maltezsky Kriz said it is quite OK. The parking is kind of far away. It about 8-10minutes walk. All tourist attractions are in walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LaoMang
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The hotel is situated on the main promenade with no traffic. It is a historic building from 1706, fully restaurated. We had teh room 7 on the 3. floor, superb views, lovely furnishing, bath with shower.
The only thing about the hotel: the breakfast is on the 4. floor, steep stairway, not for eldrely or disabled people.
The town is full of russian, their behaviour is not the best, for example the hotel is not smoking, but you can smell smoke everywhere.
I wondered that also in some restaurants is allowed to smoke during meals!

Room Tip: Take the room 7
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank snowman6705
Reviewed 16 August 2012

First of all, it is an amazingly beautiful hotel, it can be spotted immediately after arriving on the kolonáda, tourists are taking photos about it all the time, etc.
Receptionist girls are really friendly, could give info about everything, speaking a lot of languages. There is an elevator in the hotel (!), and if you get a room with a view on the kolonáda, it's unbelievably beautiful and in the mornings it can be noisy (garbage cars, workers from construction sites, so on - we slept with windows open!)

Unfortunately the hotel can only provide breakfast, because it's lack of kitchen, but it's really adequate and there's also a big variety of food there.

The rooms were clean at our arrival, but since then they were not hoovered and the mirror in the bathroom is also dirty, but rubbish is always cleaned away. (these are worthless problems)

Room Tip: With a view on the kolonáda
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank horvathben
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel for only one night but I wish we could have stayed longer. For the amount we paid I was not expecting much but this hotel exceeded my expectations! We were greeted by a friendly receptionist who offered to put our bags in storage until check-in. She was able to provide us with whatever we needed, wine glasses, directions, restaurant recommendations. Not to mention the room was spacious, spotless and the bed was so comfortable! The location is also just next to the canal/tourist area. If you're looking for a hotel, this is it!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the canal have a beautiful view!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cdn_in_de
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was surprised and impressed by my stay at this hotel. When I booked my two-day stay online, I knew the location was good, and the price was right, but when I actually arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by the standard of the room, the cleanliness and the service. The staff were courteous and helpful, the breakfast was very generous and tasty, and I ended up staying an extra night. I would definitely go back to this hotel on my next visit to Karlovy Vary, and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Garfield M