We were nearing the end of a long trip through Europe. After seeing several films use this hotel, we thought it was for us. Excitement was high as we drove into town. Unfortunately one must remember that films can make the ugliest of things beautiful. From the moment we pulled up to the hotel, it was disastrous. The bellman asked rather incredulously if he could help us as we pulled up on our car. Then he asked if we has reservations. Then he ran inside and came back and asked for our name like we had made a huge mistake! We were led through a maze to reception after waiting for someone to assist us. Reception was lacking and rude. We got to our room which was tiny. There were stains on the floor and a dead bug on the bed. We complained. They offered to send up housekeeping. Not good enough. I frankly said if we werent shown a clean and sufficient room, we would look elsewhere (its off season and barely anyone was around). The man at the desk was more than happy to go that route! Nobody cared that we were dissatisfied. We were shown to a room that lacked a view. It was larger which I guess was supposed to satisfy us. A dump is a dump regardless of size. Bundle up- the heating is awful and there isn't central air. The staff is laughably unhelpful and offensive. After staying in the Four Seasons, I felt like I was thrown to the wolves. The room felt like a roadside motel 6 in Amarillo. I felt dirty being there. Cheap furniture. Bad smells in the room. Suspicious stains ALL over. The lobby isn't as grand as one would think. If it weren't going to be such a pain, I genuinely would have left. We did have a nice cake in the cafe however! Not great but okay. I wouldn't stay here again and I'm beyond disappointed. It's old and moldy and there was a dead bug on a bed in our room!!! I could go on and on for ages but you get the point... The Pupp and the whole of Karlovy Vary isn't American friendly either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the picturesque spa town of Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic, the Grandhotel Pupp is one of Europe's most famous historical hotels. Talking about its history would take a while, because it dates back to 1701. In recent years the Grandhotel Pupp has hosted illustrious names from the movie world including Morgan Freeman, Gregory Peck, Sharon Stone, Robert Redford, John Malkovich, Antonio Banderas, Jude Law, John Travolta and Nikita Michalkov. Such stars have descended on the hotel especially for the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival each year at the beginning of July. As well as modern-day celebrities, the hotel has also attracted eminent historical figures from culture and the arts including German poet and philosopher Johann Wolfgang Goethe, composers Johann Sebastian Bach, Richard Wagner and Antonin Dvorak, violinist Nicolo Paganini, writer Franz Kafka and master of Art Nouveau Alfons Mucha. In two connected buildings, River Side and Park Side, the Grandhotel Pupp complex offers 228 rooms in the categories of Comfort, Superior, Superior Plus, Junior Suite, Premier Suite and Apartment. The ground floor of the hotel features restaurants, a cafe, bars, a boutique zone, a hairdressing salon and casino. Becher's Bar provides entertainment in the evening. The Grandhotel Pupp invites guests to the new Pupp Royal Spa wellness centre with pool and saunas. The complex includes a modern fitness centre as well as a private Royal Spa Suite with whirlpool, massage tables, sauna and a relaxation zone. The Pupp Royal Spa offers an extended range of treatments, from traditional procedures based on the natural bounty of Karlovy Vary and the region to modern massages and beauty treatments. Grandhotel Pupp - If you want a chance to see a star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grandhotel Pupp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandhotel Pupp De Luxe Hotel Karlovy Vary
- Grandhotel Pupp Karlovy Vary