“An interesting place to visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
US$91.11*
and up
Moser Glassworks and Jan Becher Museum and Karlovy Vary Private Tour from Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the historic cellars and watch a video on the aging and production of Becherovka, a well-known medicinal herbal liqueur.
Athens, Greece
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“An interesting place to visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Until 2010, this was the location of the Becherovka factory. Now the production has moved, in order to keep up with the demand, so the former factory has turned into a museum.
The guide was polite and informative but she spoke in czech; we, foreigners, were being given the text in english (or german or russian). We got to know the interesting history of becherovka (invented in 1807), saw old photos and memorabilia, passed through replicas of the old production rooms and finally tasted different types of the liquer.
Overall, an interesting experience!

Visited May 2014

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“ordinary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We felt that our tour was a bit overcrowded. Everything was rushed, therefore the information about history was very interesting, guide was not heard very well. Basically, this and other same tours are very similar to each other - especially the final part - tasting. This is about of how you present and sell. This did not sell, but anyway I like Becherovka.

Visited February 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Should be better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

As the home of Becherovka, this museum should definitely be better. You pay 120 koruna for the tour which lasts about 15 minutes and another 15 minutes sitting watching a video whilst sampling 3 different varieties of the liqueur (you have to pay another 30 koruna for the final variety). A couple who were with us asked if they could take pictures but were told they couldn't. Why, I have no idea as it wasn't as if any important information could be stolen. Of the 3 varieties, I couldn't handle the original as it reminded me of Benylin, which I used to take as a child when I was unwell! An acquired taste I'm sure. Our guide kept reminding us of the health benefits of Becherovka but when asked what actual benefits it provides, she basically told us it is for general health. I'm sure any alcoholic drink does the same!

Visited March 2014
Milovice, Czech Republic
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Legendary Jan Becher should have better museum”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is a typical touristy site that provides just an average quality information and atmosphere on the other hand totally focuses on sale Jan Becher products. During the museum tour you get details that you easily find on the internet, the English guiding is far from perfect, biggest part of the tour is tasting of 3 samples of Becher liquer. The only plus of the tour is you get a discount (appx. 10%) in the Becher factory outlet afterwards.
I have been there only once with my tour and neither my clients nor me enjoyed it too much.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Martin S
Lovosice, Czech Republic
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Exhibition is nice. You can go though history of this famous spirit. You can also see process of manufacturing. degustation is also pleasant.

Visited November 2012