See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

The strident building of the Hotel Thermal provides a reminder of an important slice of Czech history just as much as the surrounding 'dolls houses.' It was a pleasure to stay here and experience its spacious, airy restaurant and beautiful views up and down the steep valley.
It is very much a serious Spa hotel with many treatments available although we only used the area with steam room and indoor pool etc. The pool temperature is quite cool - this was a welcome relief from the heat of the day. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and the staff welcoming and helpful.
The weather when we stayed was gorgeous - I hope the hotel will.one day be able to re-open the outdoor pool area which looked huge and again had stunning views of the town.
The breakfast choice was extensive and delicious, with great attention paid to guests with dietary needs.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lilol
Míra B, Director of Sales at SPA HOTEL THERMAL, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Dear Mrs. Lilol, thank you very much for your nice and positive review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay, tried our treatments and was really satisfied with our staff. I believe you will choose our hotel for your next stay again. In 2017 we are planning the reconstruction, so I am sure that you will like it as much as you did during your last stay. Wishing all the best, Tamara Klein, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 17 August 2016

One of the highlights I will always remember is swimming outside in Mid February, when there is snow everywhere. The steam everywhere... It is worth trying, for sure! However, the changing room is rather small with many clothing cells and many people changing their clothes around you, that's a tiny minus...

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Mrs. Ammy, thank you for your lovely description of the outdoor pool area. You are very right, that it was really amazing. Now the whole area of the outdoor pool including clothing cells and building by the pool are waiting for the reconstruction. Wishing you all the best, Tamara Klein, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Some of the reviews from others give the impression the hotel is dingy and staff bad mannered. I found it pretty reasonable. The refurbished rooms are comfortable. The inside pool is really good, and there is a good steam bath and sauna also (be sure to notice that there are two saunas, one for a single person, and one for a group of people).

The architecture is quite impressive although some of the exterior is dilapidated, for instance there are old fountains by the river forming part of the hotel's plaza which are simply derelict. The hotel could make more use of the balcony areas and also the outside bar, which seems to be used only as an extension of the restaurant.

It is a shame that the open air thermal pool is closed, as this is in a fantastic location and must have been a real treat at one time.

The bar shuts quite early (10pm).

Room Tip: Ask if the room has been refurbished
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Dear Mr. Jim, thank your comments and option regarding your stay in our hotel. Every hotel has positive and negative reviews: reviews are very personal and one small mistake or misunderstanding can make the worst review as well as any small positive thing can change the stay to very lovely and the best. We are already now looking forward to the big reconstruction in 2017 so I am sure that when you come next time, you will see and feel the difference by yourself. Best regards, Tamara Klein, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 16 August 2016

One of the Worst hotels in the world with arrogant staff, unprofessional people and a dictatorship management that is more suitable to a penitentiary than a hotel. One of the Bad touristical image of Tchech Republic. A real Rip Off ! And no one or No place to complain in a country where the communist dictatorship mentality and behavior is unfortunately still prevaling. A real trap for prepaid trips and spa treatments promoted by travel agencies. Consumer protection organizations as well as local national Tourist Organizations should watch closely this Hotel as well their spa treatments and amenities where lack of hyegiene and unexperimented staff become a threat in a Europe where participants tend to ameliorate people and citizens conditions and where abusive behaviors with Hotels' consumers are prohibited.
One last thing but not least : towels in rooms stink ! Glasses in restaurant have terrible smell and many are dirty! Window Glasses in Bar room are dirty and need to have stains and dirt removed !

Room Tip: Good Luck in trying to find a good room! All Noisy and no Air Conditionning Units.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Dear guest, first of all allows me to thank you for your review. I am very sorry if you were not satisfied with any of our services. Please kindly contact me directly at klein@thermal.cz regarding your stay. It seems that everything was really wrong, but telling the true, I had no any information about any clients staying in our hotel within last weeks, who were so completely unsatisfied. I will be happy to hear from you about your stay. Thank you very much for your understanding and please contact me. Best regards, Tamara Klein, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Parked car in Hotel parking (lived a bit far from hotel) but lost parking ticked. Morning time came back to pick our car but staff at reception tried to push us to pay 2000 kron as a fine for lost ticket (just piece of paper). I told them that they have a lot of cameras and can easily check time when I parked my car, they called technician and he confirmed time of parking (based on camera). Inspite of smiles and tiring to be friendly first impression when they tried to put me on money was very bad. How staff solved this issue it was good. Suggestions is that they have all facilities to track parking time and fine mentioned in parking ticket can be removed (or just help without mentioning any fine, it cost nothing but impression).
Finally (thanks to the staff) issue was resolved in less than 10 min and I got my new parking ticked and paid what I suppose to pay without any unnecessary fines.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear Bossars, thank you very much for your review and description of the situation, which happened. I am happy that our staff solves the situation within a short time and at the end all turns to good. I wish you to have only good impression in any situation anywhere in the future. With best regards, Tamara Klein, Director of Sales & Marketing