“Worst spa experience ever”
Review of The Castle Spa

The Castle Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 22 September 2012

If you get fascinated by the repressed Communist-like service, (where the client means nothing) Zamecke Lazne is the right place for you!
The 'great' treatment starts at the entrance, with bored receptionists who treat visitors like they are not welcome.
After getting changed you enter the pool area with a second reception, where you are supposed to show the treatments you will be doing to another even more bored member of the staff who the only thing is thinking is "when will I manage to get home?"

Let's not even talk about treatments, or better 'tortures'. As we only had 2 hours time we could choose only 2 treatments: a 15' massage (??) and a oxygen treatment, a sort of inhalation. I got a on-the-way-to-retirement woman who could barely stand on her feet but at least my boyfriend got a man, who could use pressure while massaging. My 'therapist' did not even feel where she was going with the hands, her gestures where so automatic that I felt she was baking bread on me.
After the 2 treatments - oh did I mention that the oxygen inhalation included some intaking of vitamins that they dont even tell you about? they just give you 3 pills and a glass of water, without informing you what you are swallowing. So after these two great experiences we had more than 1h left that we HAD TO spend in the one and only swimming pool as the staff already switched off all the other amenities such ad the sort of 'sauna' room and all the rest. So after 30' the staff was standing in front of us, staring at us and shutting down even the whirpool AND the lights in the swimming pool.  Let's say that it must have been a very special evening for all of them in order to kick out clients half an hour before the closing time.

We travel a lot and we love going to spas. This was by so far, the worst experience I have ever had. I never felt so unwelcome before.

Don't go to the Zamecke Lasne spa, it will make you feel bad about yourself.
Gea

"jets"
"carlsbad"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We booked a classic program and it was all confirmed via email and should have included:
"* 1 major and 2 minor procedures
* bathrobe and bath towel
* free using of thermomineral swimming pool
* free using of Japan acupressure pool, circulation massage shower and infrabox
* free using of relax zones and refreshing (mineral water, tee)
* surprise"
Well there was no promised surprise or Japan acupressure pool or infrabox or circulation massage shower or the drinking water. The program was regimented and there was no freedom, which is ok but perhaps it should have been made clear in advance. Also, staff did not speak English well enough. In fact I was asked to explain the procedure in English (I speak the local language as well as English) by the member of staff to two lovely American ladies who were taking Kneip hydrotherapy with me. Perhaps that was my surprise :-).
Reception is staffed by not the most pleasant ladies.
On the other hand, the facilities were beautiful and treatments were also nice. Would however go somewhere else next time.

6  Thank GinaA
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I'm not happy at all ...the girl in the reception she wear glasses too rude she deal with us as if we didn't pay...they don't respect their customers

5  Thank jackie m
Reviewed 5 June 2012

old Eastern European standards live on!! Once the playground of Soviet Party officials, old habits seem to die hard. Those used to western standards of presentation/service may be a little disappointed but this is a real throwback to the past. Relatively pricey, the spa pool itself is a bit of a letdown. Take the waters throughout the town;it's still worth taking time to visit this elegant location that used to be Carlsbad and which has been German, Austrian and now Czech.

3  Thank frazerprice