“Massage OK, all the rest disappointing”
Review of The Castle Spa

The Castle Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The massage was good but all the rest was disappointing. The staff were smiley and polite, but the facilities are dated and limited. There are no windows in the toilet or shower areas, and although they are clean some fresh air would not hurt.

All reviews
"jets"
"carlsbad"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I visited the Caste Spa together with my best friend during a cold winter day to regain fresh energy, relax and enjoy the time together. I selected the superior program and my friend decided for aroma program. We both were amazed. Very professional team and beautiful surroundings. Worth trying when in Karlovy Vary as a visitor!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My friend and I were visiting Karlovy Vary for about two days or so and booked the trip on short notice, so we understood that our options were limited of where we could get treatments. Our hotel recommended this place. The treatments looked interesting. We signed up each for a 50-minute aromatherapy massage and one adjoining procedure (we did hydrotherapy, it was the only appealing thing on the list). We arrived and the reception lady was nice. When we went upstairs, those ladies were rather pleasant too. We speak English and they managed to speak enough for us to understand them. What really makes us not like this place was the fact that our 50-min messages ended up being up 20 minutes each. The lady I had was rather nice, but my friend had a male masseur. She has had plenty of men masseur before and has never felt so uncomfortable in her entire life compared to this guy. The room where they give you the massages are brightly lit and with a completely inappropriate atmosphere if you want a relaxing massage. Also, because we were there until about 30 mins before they were set to close, we felt that they were trying to rush us out of the spa.

This place was absolutely not worth my 90 bucks.

7  Thank Carly S
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My friends and I planned a day trip in Karlovy Vary to spend most of it at this spa. The reception was slow in doing the paper work although we booked in advance all the treatments.

The staff of the second reception close by the pool was so rude; I have never felt so un-welcomed in any place! At the end of my 3 hours there I was more stressed than when I did enter.I wanted to relax but I felt in constant stress. It as the same experience for all my friends.

The lady doing the full body massage was very kind and her hands worked like magic. The pool was good too. It was all ruined by the staff that “dragged” people around in communist style. Although I come from a ex-communist country, the service was horrible and unacceptable.

It is not a relaxing spa; there is no way you can relax with such staff around.

5  Thank Alma_2014H
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2014

DO NOT EVER GO at this spa. I am very sorry I didn't read the reviews before. All true. There is the rudest personnel you've ever encountred in your life. There is a woman and a men giving massage at this spa. No one informs you when you book what is your preference, or at least inform you that there is a man there doing massage. When I was called to follow this guy, it took me 1 second to realize that this guy was totally drunk. When I went to complain to the reception they pretend not understanding english which is really irratating. They assign me to the woman but never replaced the drunk guy. He continued to offer his 'you name it' service to other people who may be didn't realize he was drunk, although this seems impossible to me, that much drunk this guy was. What a shame!!! DO NOT EVER GO TO THIS SPA!

4  Thank Enad D