“Another enjoyable stay”
Review of Hotel Opat

Hotel Opat
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Kutna Hora
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I were at the Opat in September last year .We spent 3 nights staff friendly room was clean and tidy.Breakfast was fine also had free Wi-Fi and again enjoyed the town especially the cathedral and a couple of restaurants at very reasonable cost

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed one night in Hotel Opat and I was the only guest in the hotel. So a complete staff at my disposition. Friendly and helpful staff. Very good dinner at an attractive price. Breakfast was ok but not too much choice. (Maybe because I was the only guest). Clean rooms but soberly decorated (and a desk in the room would be welcome)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Almost the only hotel open on 21 Dec (there was nobody on the streets) and we were almost the only guests. Private (not guarded) parking, easy car access and a minute from the fountain. You take a medieval stone spiral staircase to the rooms (there is a lift too) which have some ancient features such as stone doorways, and ours had a magnificent high stencilled wooden ceiling (and a view of the fountain!). Reception really helpful, and all staff good to deal with. Relatively new, with bathrooms etc in modern Czech 'style', not very special, but very clean (ours had a bath), loads of hot water, towels, soaps etc. Breakfast fair modest but certainly OK - they made us ham and eggs. We were impressed and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you can get the 'bridal suite' a window overlooks the fountain.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank plenipotentiary
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights September 6th to 9th as we were visiting our son
who lives in Kutna Hora We found staff very helpful.The room we had was large clean and
comfortable and breakfast was excellent.Enjoyed our time in the town well worth a visit

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Location is in the center not far from St. Barbora Cathedral. It is historical building with old decor. The room was very spacious. I had breakfast which was OK usual for small hotels with choice of cheese and salami, yogurt and something sweet plus some uncut fruits were offered. You can have lunch and dinner in the hotel as well. What I didn't like were the worn out towels and a bit rusty bathroom metal piece furniture. I prefer the sister hotel "U Varhanare" not far from this bigger one.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Stayed here on business in April for one night only. Arrived late and left early so I can't say too much about the hotel but my experience was a positive one.

The hotel has a bar and restaurant which serves up some good food and the room, though strangely sparse, suited my needs for my short trip - anything longer though and it would have been a negative point.

The hotel location is nice in a quiet part of the town - wierd to walk out at 10pm and hear absolutely nothing...no cars....no people....no music or anything else. Very peaceful and had a good nights sleep.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Overall, I can recommend this hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Daveskii
Reviewed 15 January 2013

This hotel is not only beautiful, but very comfortable. We asked for a soft bed and they put pillowtops on our mattress that made it the most comfortable bed we have slept in in the last few months. The room was large and lovely, the staff very helpful, the breakfast excellent and the location perfect for wandering the very beautiful town. I would highly recommend it for a romantic getaway weekend. But ask for a soft bed.

Room Tip: ask for a soft bed if thats what you like.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
#5 of 11 in Kutna Hora
Hotel Theresia
Hotel Theresia
#1 of 2 in Kolin

Been to Hotel Opat? Share your experiences!