“Good value for money.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 18 Kutna Hora B&B and Inns
Stockholm, Sweden
“Good value for money.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Good but not great location, the old town is just across the street. Friendly and service minded staff. Modern and very clean rooms, some with air conditioning. Noisy ventilation in the bathroom. No foreign language TV-channels. Breakfast with eggs cooked to order. If you arrive by car parking is free. Good value for money.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed for one rainy night just before the floods, and didn't see too much of the town because of the rains. However, my wife needed a minor hospital visit, and the owner called a local doctor and made an appointment (the doctor didn't speak English).

The B&B is a relatively large one, and very modern. Just across the street from the edge of old town, so really easy to get into town. Prices very reasonable. Don't skip over this place.

Room Tip: Lower floors better, as no lift.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
sarasota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

We were disappointed with this place. I changed bookings to this place after reading the rave reviews... then wished we had not. We arrived on a very chilly rainy day during the flood and had a terrible time finding the place, it is a bit out of the way, not that close to the center. We called and were greeted by the owner who let us in and gave us our room key. She seemed nice enough but was not particularly friendly, and left quickly, as we stood there dripping wet.

We were the only people in the entire place, which was fine with us. The rooms are very clean, newer and super small and nondescript... as in absolutely no atmosphere. Did I mention small? Bland and boring, and overpriced compared to other places we stayed. The internet was of & on and very unreliable the entire time.

The breakfast was fine.. traditional.

I will stick to places with some character and ambience from now on... after all that is what I came to the Czech Republic for.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Yorkshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Thank you for enabling me to find this place, TripAdvisor!

I got to this budget B&B in the beautiful old town of Kutna Hora, an hour from Prague, last night and got the best welcome of my whole trip from the lovely owner/manager, Martina. Not only had she emailed me directions on my way over, she then greeted me with a broad smile (costs nothing!), asked how my journey had been. She showed me all the town's points of interest on a map and then uttered the immortal words: "I guess you might like a beer after your long trip?", thrusting a cold can of Kozel into my hands. The rooms are simple, but spotlessly clean, with lots of storage space for all my stuff, plus a great en suite bathroom / shower and free wifi throughout. Breakfast this morning was yet another highlight. Dodgy / lazy hoteliers around the world, take heed... do a good job, run a tidy ship and you may never have to complain about Trip Advisor ever again :) Oh, and this place's location is another big plus... right on the main bus route and about 2mins walk from the spectacular old town with all its beautiful buildings and sights. A real winner!

Room Tip: Let the owner know what time you plan to arrive (just her & her mum run this place and she has t...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I spent one night at this pension and everything was perfect, WIFI and parking for free. Nice and clear room, Delicious breakfast and friendly staff. After I checked out, they called me to come back to pick up something , which they found at the bathroom. I left there my favorit silver necklace from Mexico...!! I am so grateful they called. I definitively come back to this place. By the way not many czech people know how beautiful the old town of Kutná Hora is. Dont miss it.

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Vilnius, Vilniaus Apskritis, Lithuania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

very nice and cosy place to stay with excellent service, free wifi, free car parking right next to the entrance, attractive prices, excellent breakfast and very helpfull staff. just across the street from the old town and all the places to see are a short pleasant walk away. i intend to come back there one day.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Kaunas, Lithuania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

We arrived at Kutna Hora late in the evening without even having a place to stay (yep, that's the way to travel). Got lucky to notice the hotel as we were driving by. We planned staying there one night, but stayed two. Excelent place right on the other side of the street from the oldtown. Clean and new rooms, perfect breakfast for the whole day of walking, helpfull, pleasant, and understanding staff, wifi, parking. All you need for a short stay. Or a long one.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends