“GREAT HOTEL AND STAFF” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SwissHouse Apartments & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
SwissHouse Apartments & Spa
Ranked #5 of 70 Hotels in Marianske Lazne
Adelaide, South Australia
“GREAT HOTEL AND STAFF”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I have just spent 5 days in the SwissHouse Apartments and Spa in Marianske Lazne. It was so great I was very reluctant to leave.
All of the staff were very helpful and informative. They willingly went further than expected to ensure my stay was wonderful. The room I was in ( number 11 )was large with a huge bathroom. Everything was extremely clean with everything I needed which was remarkable given that I am quite demanding. The treatments were really well performed by obviously well trained and experienced therapists. I enjoyed the meals which the staff ensured met my special requirements. The staff worked well as a team and obviously have been well trained by the owners in making customers welcome.
The extras I was given as part of my package ( half day tour and entry to wonderful Roman Baths in a nearby hotel ) were a welcome surprise.
Although I have bad knees I did not find the walk into the main street long or difficult. I would strongly recommend this hotel to everyone especially those who appreciate personal services.

Room Tip: There are only a small number of rooms/apartments in this hotel and all appeared good. I was on the...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank BlankaJirka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

It is a nice and small hotel on a small hill away from the madding crowd not far away from the "colonnade " and they have an excellent lady "masseuse"and I recommend the hot stones massage I feel great after it without forgetting Noemi at the reception she an attentionate energic young lady keeping the hotel in a perfect clean standard

Room Tip: Room 11the one on second floor looking at the garden of the hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Roberto O
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

I told my wife here for here birthday and it was better than what we thought it would be. The people who is at the front desk make you fell at home. These are some of the best people you will ever meet and speak great english for you to understand. We had a great room, very tasty dinner, private hottub in the open air with fireworks in the background, and a hot stone massage. The price was very affordable and we will be going back in the near future. I give it 5 stars and recommend everyone to try this place out.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Odense, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

We decide to let TripAdvisor lead us the way of staying in Marianske Lazne, and thereby we choose the #1 hotel, and it was fantastic.
We had announced the hotel that we will come very late to check in, but everything was taken care of, so even a cold snowing trip from Germany, could the hotel take care of, by having everything ready for us when we arrived.

The Rooms:
The first night we get's the suite #10 at the top, and from here there was a fantastic view over the valley of Marianske Lazne, but we had booked the superior apartment suite for a romantic 2-days stay, so as pre-arranged we moved the next day to #7, that is even double sized suite as #10 and had a very nice interior and a bathtub to have a nice time in. Unfortunately the bathtub is very small for 2 persons, especially because there is plenty of space in the very spacious and nice bathroom to a bigger one.

There was only one more appropriateness, because the beds in #7 was very hard for our spine compared to #10, so we kindly asked to be moved back to the #10, even that we had to pay a small fee for a new cleaning, but this was the very only complain we had on this great stay.

The romantic:
We had booked a romantic stay, and the staff really doing the very best to make it cozy for us, with special décor hearts at the tables, candlelight everywhere, different massage and bath programs, and on top of it the last night, we had the outside whirlpool with champagne and candlelight’s with 40 degrees in the pool, and zero degrees in the air, but it was fantastic and we enjoyed it for as long as we like.

The meals:
The breakfast was great with two buffet tables with all intercontinental food, like blinis eggs, sausages, yogurts, muesli, nuts, fruit, breads, cheese, ham and croissants, coffee and the, and if something missing on the plates, just ask.
The evening meals was okay, it was not designer food, but it has a good taste, and some of it was so creative the even the staff doesn’t had a name for it.

The staff:
All the staff was very nice and helpful, and even that we like prefer English, it was no problem, and helping us translating something from Czech or German, was no problem.

The surroundings:
We like to do GeoCaching, so we had some long nice walks in the mountains behind the hotel, and along the park to downtown, and we learn the Czech word “Pramen”, meaning fountain, because there is a lot of these nice “Pramen” pavilions in the town.
Now it’s winter and some snow, but we think at the summer there must be a lot of activity in the town.

Overall:
Our stay was very nice, to a affordable price, and we would like to come back to the hotel again, if we could get the softer beds, but next time we would just ask, and I’m sure the nice staff would take care of it.

Room Tip: As written in the review, ask the staff for softer beds. We think the #10 is the best.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jan-B-Coyle
Weiden, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

It is Monday January 21, 2013 and we just returned from a wonderful weekend to Marianske Lazne with some dear friends and wanted to have a memorable experience. We had read the reviews of the Swiss House Apartments and Spa and booked a two bedroom apartment at a cost of 61 Euros per couple (122 Euros per night) and our expectations were met and exceeded by the staff and the lodging. They have a nice lounge area with couch's, chairs, and wood burning stove.
Yes, you can spend a LOT more money at larger hotels for lodging and massages but our stay was very pleasurable. I found the beds not too soft, a bit firm for my taste but not uncomfortable. There is no pool but that there are pools nearby. You can get other spa options at nearby hotels that will satisfy those who want affordable lodging with enough options for a weekend or 3 day get away.
We made our reservation over the phone and Noemi (very good English) handled our reservation professionally and quickly, She followed up our phone reservation with an email confirmation as well as a price list of their spa options. We had a wonderful massage *head to toe* for an hour and a half for under 50 Euros in a comfortable setting with relaxing music. The woman giving our massage was pleasant and talented. To quote one of our friends, " I felt like a deboned chicken" and slept like a baby that evening. I highly recommend it.
You can even have a 'chocolate' massage (at first I thought they might rub a Snickers bar on you :-) If you desire a manicure and/or pedicure you have to book it in advance *a week* or so should do it.
I took advantage of the Sauna *outdoors* that seats four comfortably and as stated in other reviews you reserve it for an hour and it is yours alone. A nice touch. A sheet inside to lay down on the wood bench and towels in the new *I mean NEW* sauna. Very nice. I was asked if I would like something to drink before I entered.
The accommodations were wonderful, with large bedrooms, two twin beds, side by side, with a large desk, TV ( German and Czech programming) not an issue for us, and drawers and a closet *shrunk* for your clothing. As stated in a previous review a nice kitchen *four chairs* and a table, with electic stove, microwave, small fridge and utensils for cooking. Be sure to try the Oblaten (a wafer cookie with chocolate that is to die for that is available as well as other snacks in the room. A bottle of wine (reasonable prices) is in the kitchen. Large windows in every room. It is approximately a 30 minute walk to the Singing Fountain, a must see from May through October. Large parks and 9 golf courses in the area as well as carbonated springs.
Marianske Lazne is also called Marienbad. It is about 40 minutes from a wonderful castle called Hrad Loket (Jethro Tull once played there and Joe Satriani this Summer in Hrad Loket. Karlovy Vary is fairly close as is Chodovar a wonderful beer bath spa.
The breakfasts were 8 Euros and well worth it with eggs, sausages, cheeses, yogurt, cereals and ample good coffee. We ate out *check out a great Tapas establishment called Medite* that I will review as well that is a 20 minute walk.
Over all I can recommend Swiss House highly. One thing to note (FYI) there are no elevators but the staff offered to carry up our bags. Thanks to all the staff for making our stay memorable. We will be back in the Spring and Fall. The Singing Fountain *Google it* calls us back.
We did not inquire about room service but are sure that they would accommodate your requests.

Room Tip: The two bedroom apartment is a great value. The only down side is that if you travel with another co...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank rgowett
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

This was our 2d trip to Marianske Lazne. We had been in Falksteiner (big, nice spa facilities etc.), but it was booked. So we tried Swiss House. The spa facilities were not as extensive as Falksteiner's, but nice. A fitness room with a 4-person sauna, a hot tub, massage rooms, baths, etc. No swimming pool, but it's a short walk to a hotel that has a big pool.

One interesting twist was that you have to reserve the sauna or the hot tub. In essence, you get a private use of those facilities for free (it's part of the price of the room). This is such a nice change from a big spa hotel where you're rubbing shoulders with strangers all the time, trying to get space in the sauna, etc. We were there there for a 3-day weekend, and ended up using the hot-tub once (they served us champagne, and served the kids juice), and the sauna 4 times (each time they brought up tea). As long as you reserve it advance, it's yours. And they were very flexible about the times we could use it. I think they can offer this type of service *because* they are a smaller hotel, and don't have to deal with 100+ people.

The "Wellness Weekend" package is a great value. Room, breakfast and supper, an aroma bath and two massages. The masseuses were kind, and very good. All in all, the value beat anything else we'd found in Marianske Lazne.

Dinners there were good, simple and elegant, but nothing showy (Falksteiner wins in that category). The breakfast buffet was pretty extensive, considering the size of the hotel. Kudos in that department.

We rented a 2-bedroom suite. Not overly luxurious, but nicely done. Nice art (real art, not prints, and certainly not typical "hotel art"). Nice kitchen with a stove, range-top and microwave, if you wanted to eat in. Nice big windows, so lots of ambient light. The bathroom was nice and big, with a big bath (very hot water for soaking, OK shower). The beds were wonderfully soft and comfortable, although if you have back issues and need a firmer mattress, this might be a problem. You might want to ask the staff before booking - give them a chance to meet your need (see below). And all of the blankets and pillows were non-allergenic (if you're allergic to feathers, you know what a pain it is when Central European hotels have no idea what you're talking about when you mention feather allergies). All in all, a really nice room for the price. They have a "luxury 2-bedroom suite" that might be worth exploring if you're into luxury accommodation.

The real strength of Swiss House is the staff. Booking was easy over the phone (you can also do it via email off their website). The receptionist was very kind, accommodating, flexible. If you haven't lived in the Czech Republic, you have no idea what a rarity that is! So refreshing to find friendly staff who really do want to make your stay as nice as possible. The Falksteiner had very good service, so no knock against them. But Swiss House is so much smaller and more intimate that it felt much more personal. They got to know us a bit, and we them. We began to feel right at home. I'm sorry to hear someone gave Swiss House a one-star review because of grumpy staff. That was certainly not our experience (I think anyone can have a bad day). We found the staff well trained and very pleasant to deal with. They even offered to pick us up from the train station and drive us to the hotel (it's about a 20 minute walk). And when their driver wasn't available, they called a taxi to take us to the train station, and *paid for it*.

If this hotel wasn't so well-known, I'd be writing all sorts of horrible things to make sure it didn't get too popular. But as it is, the secret is out. Besides, they are such nice people. I can't say a bad word about them. I highly recommend Swiss House for your stay in Marianske Lazne. My wife and I are planning on going back another time, just the two of us. It really is designed for a couple's experience, though they worked hard to make it a fun time for our family.

Room Tip: The 2-bedroom suite was very nice, large, and quiet. Great for a family of 4.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ted T
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

Our Wellness Weekend stay in the SwissHouse was a great experience.
We booked a package for 2 nights stay, half board + some spa procedures.
Even before arrival the staff was very nice & helpful. We needed a special invoice for a 3rd party to pay the bill which they issued as per our requirements and sent it by post.
Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised to have an apartment instead of the normal double room we booked - seems the hotel was fully booked, the apartment not and they assigned it to us as we were travelling with the baby and we could use the extra space. The apartment was not only spotless, but very nicely decorated, fully equipped and cozy.
On our suggestion they promptly helped finding a nanny for the next morning while we were having massages & bubble baths. Now, any parent out there traveling with a 2 years old toddler can tell you this is priceless :D.
The breakfast was good, well diversified and the food tasty. Dinners included in the half board were well cooked and promptly served in a very nice candle-light and lounge music atmosphere.
The garden is really nice – you can see everywhere care for decorations and attention for details.
The building is very well located as well – very quiet area, garden is bordered by the forest, 15-20min walk to center but some other springs even closer.
All in all very pleasant stay, we would have stayed longer and would definitely go back.
It is more a place for a couple to have some nice relaxing days off then for kid to have a noisy active holiday :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family