“Nevermore”
Review of Golf Hotel Morris

Golf Hotel Morris
Ranked #1 of 69 Hotels in Marianske Lazne
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I buy the stay in the hotel for my mother and sister. We plan nice relax stay in the hotel - this stay was really nothing to cheap - I pay everything before the arrival - and it was big mistake. First problem was with our rooms - I order tripple but we became double with extra bed :-/ ... . the womans from the reception discuss with clean-womans directly in the reception - how to make it - we heard everythink :-/ . We was waiting 2 hours for it. The room was not so big for 3 ladies. Second problem was with the spa center - I was calling to the hotel one week befor the arrival - and ask for the reservation of our procedur - the women from the reception say me - reserve by the arrival, but by the arrival was no free times for our procedur ( which was payd ). The staff was not so friendly. Hotel has good breakfast - really very good choise for everythink. We try the ala card menu too - It was very good too. After all we leave the hotel after one night. I write everythink to the boss of the hotel - he don ´t respond me :-/. What I heard in the hotel - there was more guest which was not happy.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank L_Lena1CZ

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Our family was given a very small dark room on ground floor. The decor was nice, but targeted at golfers that have English old school taste and will pay lots of money for rather poor service. The hotel might work for them, but not for people who want value for their money. We decided to check-out about 10 minutes after check-in and moved to place nearby that provided much better service and had very nice large rooms for about 25% of the cost. Also the hotel charges 100 CZK per for parking and 350 CZK a night for your pet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Clovicek
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Location of the hotel in a quiet forest, away from the city was an issue for which I was worried before booking this place. But, once I reached the place all my doubts were flushed away. The accommodation and ambiance impressed me a lot. Everything was perfect and in a way that I like. Rooms are fantastic and food is amazing. I would highly recommend this place to my other friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We spent nice christmas stay with my family in Hotel Morris. And I must admit that I like this hotel. The hotel is mainly focused on golfers - entrance to golf yard is only a few steps far. There is also golf simulator in the hotel. The hotel is designed in old english style and is beautiful. It is situated in wonderful and quite enviroment in village Zádub - Závišín, ca.10km far from center of Marianské Lázně.

Large and secured private hotel parking lot is a few steps from hotel. There is nice balneo spa center in the hotel with good procedures and polite staff. Everything is fitted to provide relax. Only 1 thing is missing - there is no swimming pool.

Our room was large and well equipped and really nice furnished. Everything is modern and high quality. Tv is with satelitte programs, space is well covered by wifi and internet is high speed.

Restaurant with bar is large and fitted again to provide maximal relax to guests. Cuisine is very good and christmas menu was perfect. Staff is polite, kind and attentive.

Overall we were satisfied and sure we will come back. If you are seeking place for relax, or if you are golfer, I can recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in ground and in the edge of building are large and with entrance to terrace.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jan B
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I was staying in this hotel for 3 days in Dec, 2012 (bought an offer with some wellness procedures and dinners included). Hotel is quite nice with a good interior, nice restaurant (with polite staff and good food). Good procedures (also personal is nice there and tries to really make you relax), the only thing I did not like - it is not very private, e.g. they can do a massage to you and you are half naked but other visitors can pass you to get their places for procedure.

But all this is ok in compare with incompetence of the receptionist. I never met less incompetent and unprofessional one, she was so unhelpful and even harming. It is not about just feeling that she is not happy to see you and do her job there. She really was confusing us several times in elementary things. E.g., when we asked where the procedures are, she said they are on the first floor near the restaurant (actually correct answer is that bathes, sauna are on the first floor but massages and wrapping are on our your floor (3rd floor in our case)). So of course for our first massages we went down instead of just finding massage room on our floor. Also she did not give us good info about how to get the center by public transport (she was trying to send us somewhere to hotel Krkonosi to bus stop or something like that and she could not explain well where it is exactly, actually we found ourselves that there is a bus number 13 stops just close to the hotel Morris around 200 meters walking (in front of the hotel Golf that just near the hotel Morris). It was so strange to me that the receptionist did not say that we have this option to get the center from the bus stop that is so close to us. Also I was surprised not to find slippers and bathrobe in our room as we have package of procedures we need to go there to in it and I thought cleaning ladies just forgot to leave it, so I clarify from the receptionist. She simply gave to us these without saying that we will be extra charged for these. Oh in the end she even could not provide us with taxi service well (taxi driver was late because he understood that start point is hotel Golf not golf hotel Morris), of course may be it is not completely fault of the receptionist only. But still I never had problem with taxi in 4* hotel.I believe that professional receptionists should have strong partner sheep with taxi service (so taxi drivers know where to go) or at least they have to try to prevent these kind of issues when hotels have similar names (when ordering taxi, to clarify that we need taxi to golf-hotel Morris NOT A HOTEL GOLF, or something like that). So we arrived to the train station just 5 mis before our train, thanks God we were not too late.

Also there was not enough cleaning things in the bath of our room: just 2 small packages (like testers) with shower gel and no tooth pasta (and these is for 3 days for 2 persons). These 2 packages were enough only for 1 shower for me only. Next day cleaning service made some order in the room but did not add more shower gel or shampoo (that was also almost over after 1 shower).

So in general I liked the hotel and its beautiful location. If you know what you want to do and you don't need any help from receptionist (where to go how to go, etc), it might be ok for you. Otherwise I do not recommend this hotel untill management changes the receptionist or send her for a training how to smile and be helpfull, etc

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KatsiarynaP
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Very nice hotel in old english style.
Location is good if you are there to play golf (close to golf yards) othervise there is nothig nearby (no shops, spa, restaurants,...) for everything you will need to go to Marianske Lazne (10 min by car). Hotel is well furnished and in a good shape (love the apearance of restaurant).
Rooms are nice and cosy, but we bought a romantic package with wellness so I would expect one large blanket instead of two small ones. On their webpage they have a note that you can borrow movies on dvd for free at the reception - but all the movies were from czech production and 20 years old (dvds that you get for free with magazines), we managed to choose two movies and when we went back to our room we found out that there is no dvd player to play the movies at, we retutrned them with question where to play them and got no response... Telephone in room was not working, when reported to frondesk they told us that someone will fix it, but nobody came. When housekeeping cleaned our room they didn't replaced wet towels and didn't replenished shampoos, etc.
As I mentioned we bought a romantic wellness package and they charged us extra 100,- per person for bathrobes rental and other 50,- for slippers (what a shame, this should be included, and in every hotel you can get them for free...)
Reception staff was unprofessional and poorly informed without any know-how (no informationes about hotel, location, restaurants, etc. were given even when asked).
Restaurant food is excelent when you choose ala-carte, halfboard was not that tasty also portiones are very small. At breakfast there is quite nice selection of hot and cold dishes, morning coffee from automat had very strange taste, also some orange juice at breakfast would be nice. Restaurant service was excelent and proffessional.
Wellness was awesome, just one hint for improvement - there was no relax music there so you cold hear housekeeping throwing out metal bins, chating,.. masage bathtubs, whirpool and whole welness was excelent, modern and in good shape. Also staff at wellness was polite and friendly.

In general it is nice hotel with some gaps in service and people.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Hotel perfectly adequate accomodation wise, food average to indifferent but hotel handy for the golf course. Staff poor - unhelpful to the point of couldn't-care-less. Unfortunately, I discovered two days after we had left that I had had my Kindle stolen from the bag in my room. My lap top which I had left out when we went down for breakfast and dinner, was not touched, nor my wife's expensive perfume - also on display, nor her jewelery. Silly really because Kindle was password protected. I e-mailed Hotel several times (in English and Czech), even offering an 'out' for them since I suggested that it may have 'inadavertently fallen under the bed' (NO chance!) but not the courtesy of a single reply and, since I was only in the republic for a few days, I didn't bother with the Czech Police.
p.s. I doubt anyone at the hotel speaks English well enough to read this revue.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends