“Terrible service at the restaurant”
Review of Hotel Palace

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marianske Lazne
Hotel Palace
Ranked #62 of 68 Hotels in Marianske Lazne
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We ate at the hotel restaurant twice. Once on the terrace, and both the food and service were good. For the second time we decided to go there to mark my mother-in-law's departure to Russia. A male blond server with a goatee was practically offensive, perhaps because he spoke no English and because in his presence my husband and I had to speak Russian both to him and to my mother-in-law. We ordered a salmon appetizer and soup. The server brought the soup first, and when we were almost finished with it, wondering where our appetizers were, he announced that they were out of the appetizer. Then I asked for another salmon appetizer only to learn that they were out of salmon. I lost my appetite and got quite upset. It was the last evening with my mother-in-law and she had been looking forward to the meal. I can't imagine anything like the server's behaviour at any restaurant in North America or Britain. I would like to suggest that people in this town learn some basic English if they are interested in attracting tourists from countries beyond Germany and Russia (there are Germans and Russians everywhere but I haven't heard a word of English, French, or Spanish in the streets).

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Tasha596
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Booked hotel through internet and on day of arrival went to reception to be told that this was not the hotel. The receptionist brought us next door and said it was the same place. It seems they own four buildings on the the same street and use them as the same hotel. The hotel we stayed in was old, smelly (very smelly)dull and dreary.
The breakfasts were a joke, hardly any fruit, some days nothing, if you came a little later than 8:30 there was practically nothing to eat. Almost everyone in the town speaks German and Czech and nothing else. the price is also very high for whats on offer and the internet photo of the hotel but from a very favorable angle.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple