Here is my impression on Courtyard by Marriott Pilsen.
1/ Location is absolutely strategic and literally the best for the town of Pilsen, right in the smack of things and local sights – beer museum, historical underground, Pislner Urquell brewery, Town Hall and main Square with St. Bartholomew Cathedral. All sights are within 3-5 min walk.
One tram stop from the Main Train Station, 3 stops from CAN (Central Autobus Terminal) where direct bus service to PRG originated (Student Agency Bus).
2/ Room. Spacious , about 25-28 sq. m – the actual size varies as the building has lots of angles in its geometry and some rooms have trapezoid shape ( as was mine) with very cozy nook at the widow with a small table and a chair to relax.
Rooms feature: king or twin beds ( 120x190 cm), plasma TV, working desk with office style chair, mini fridge ( empty), safe box ( spacious enough for 17` laptop), an armchair with small table, wardrobe with iron and pressing board, wall lamps and décor pictures. Bathroom has a bathtub or walk-in shower ( acrylic and worn out a bit on the bottom), vanity counter.
No sleepers/ bathrobe. Of bathroom amenities ONLY a piece of soap, one small shampoo bottle, one – shower gel. Bathroom amenities were never replaced during my 4 days stay. I just wonder WHY????
One bottle of mineral water is provided ( chargeable – 50 CZK).
Tea/ coffee making facilities are fine, tea bags/ coffee sachets replenished daily free of charge.
3/ Internet. Ridiculously expensive. They ask 100 CZK per hour or 300 CZK per day ( I pay less for a month of unlimited high speed). Do not waste your money and go to every closest bar/ restaurant – almost every eating place provides free WIFI.
4/ Breakfast. Not the best in my life, but sufficient for a good start of the day. 5 cereal choices, yoghurt, fruits, cheese, ham, peanut butter, pastry, egg station, sausages etc. The highlight of the breakfast is FRESHLY squeezed juices, peanut butter, nuts and cheese selection. Tea/ coffee is supplied to the tables by the waiters. Advice- if your time-table activity in Pilsen allows- better have breakfast at 7-7.30 am, later on the place is pretty crowded and you have to share table with other guests.
Pill`and`Grill also provide VERY reasonable lunch set menus (smth like 100-110 CZK/ person/meal).
5/ Housekeeping. VERY nice working, invisible and paying a good attention toward their work. High praise.
6/ Access to the lift/ room via electronic card. During my stay once the card malfunctioned, the reception solved the problem immediately, and the due apology was provided.
7/ Reception. All girls I interacted with were courteous, knowledgeable, spoke English in a good level and showed dedication to their work and genuine care for the guest`s need. Very satisfying and positive attitude.
8/ On the 6th floor the hotel guests can use a gym with a nice view to the city. Work out towels and drinking water is available on the spot. Access to the gym with the same room/ elevator card.
9/ Will I stay there again and recommend to my friends – YES.
IF you have further questions about Courtyard by Marriott Pilsen, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pilsen (Plzen) is a center of academic, business, and cultural life for the western part of the Czech Republic. The city is known worldwide for Pilsner beer. Our Courtyard Pilsen is set in Pilsen's legendary historic district, where magnificent Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque architecture reflect the city's storied past. This modern luxury hotel in Pilsen was ranked as a number 1 within all hotels in Pilsen by TripAdvisor for 2011. Delightful dining awaits at the trendy Pilsen Grill Restaurant & Bar, where guests can watch the culinary team prepare international and Czech specialties in the open kitchen. Relax in the bar with a Pilsner Urquell, the famed local beer. The 24/7 market serves sandwiches, salads, sweets and drinks. The well-equipped fitness center is always open for energizing workouts. For meetings or social events, the Courtyard Pilsen offers a large ballroom, 2 meeting rooms and a business center with high-speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard Pilsen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Pilsen Hotel Pilsen
- Courtyard Plzen
- Plzen Courtyard
- Courtyard Pilsen Plzen, Czech Republic